• Disclaimer: This Vendor's Forum is a paid-for commercial area. Unlike the rest of diyAudio, the Vendor has complete control of what may or may not be posted in this forum. If you wish to discuss technical matters outside the bounds of what is permitted by the Vendor, please use the non-commercial areas of diyAudio to do so.

Introducing Ventus

Sorry to ask potentially annoying questions but did you read the manual? At least some of the answers to what you appear to be asking are in there. Others can be somewhat inferred from recommendations made. Specifically, I think you can extrapolate the requirements for the power supply from the manual and the two recommended power supplies.

I was also quickly able to find some discussions of volume pots for use with Ventus so I'd suggest simply Googling what you're looking for and doing some research. If you wanted a project with better documentation you should have looked for one with better documentation. I'm not trying to be snarky or unhelpful, but I found the below thread in less than five minutes:

Example volume pot thread.

Last edited:
Hi,
first I apologize as I made a mistake: I had in mind Ventus EZ and not Ventus. And no, I did not read the documentation as I can't find a proper one with specs or build guidance, just BOM and circuit, other link down at TPA's. really, no build guide like the ones I'm used too and have, as what we call a customer, for my Placid, IVY, BII, Legato...Not much about Ventus EZ on TPA website but CC1 removal clear info.
Anyway, the answer you linked is all but useful, "50K was a bit high" is all but a technical answer.

I'm sorry I've annoyed people asking if anyone's got a documentation, I'm sorry I've found and won an auction at the last minutes and had no time to search all the Internet for "project with better documentation". I'm also quite sorry to see such unfriendly and -what matters most- useless answer. Hope this is not where DIYAudio is heading.
Again will post (a bit scared of what'll get) in Ventus EZ thread.
Sorry and thank you very, very, very much.

I don't use outputcaps in my TP setup, that's fine but i've got a "thump"sound when switching on the DAC.The Ventus LME49600 has a short circuit protection. I want to short the output with a relay for about 10 seconds before enabling the output. I don't want to put the relay in the signalpath. Can i do that without damaging the LME, or is it saver to put a resistor in serie with it. If yes, what would be the value ?

I built this for my modular preamp and i have to say, its the best gain circuit i have made so far. The previous one being text book lme49600+ opamp (ne5534) nested schema. Compared to that ventus is little more musical, more dynamic.

However im getting nasty turn on thumps with this module and that for me makes it hard to keep it in daily use. What can i change within the circuit to get rid of the thump? Im guessing its asymmetric architecture of the front end is the reason.