• Disclaimer: This Vendor's Forum is a paid-for commercial area. Unlike the rest of diyAudio, the Vendor has complete control of what may or may not be posted in this forum. If you wish to discuss technical matters outside the bounds of what is permitted by the Vendor, please use the non-commercial areas of diyAudio to do so.

Buffalo DAC (ESS Sabre 9008)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
@Brian:
Also, wouldn't hurt to put up a posting on the TPA website (if that is possible with server migrations). As previous posters have confirmed, I also watched the countdown go from zero straight to "Sorry, you are too late."

I'm sitting at the end of a long day with an empty stomach, so I'm not going to wait for this to resolve this evening. But hopefully everyone who is so enthusiastic about getting a Buffalo kit will be able to do so in a painless and fair way!

Side note: I've found GoDaddy to be a good registrar, but a poor host. Similar thing happened to me, and now I host elsewhere.

Digitalscrap said:
@Brian:
Also, wouldn't hurt to put up a posting on the TPA website (if that is possible with server migrations). As previous posters have confirmed, I also watched the countdown go from zero straight to "Sorry, you are too late."

I'm sitting at the end of a long day with an empty stomach, so I'm not going to wait for this to resolve this evening. But hopefully everyone who is so enthusiastic about getting a Buffalo kit will be able to do so in a painless and fair way!

Side note: I've found GoDaddy to be a good registrar, but a poor host. Similar thing happened to me, and now I host elsewhere.

I did just that and it is working (database pointers are good). http://www.twistedpearaudio.com/news.aspx

Maybe I should migrate the InStock setting from an XML file to the database...

hayenc said:
I would not consider it exactly fair to say we should place the order by hacking.

Let me make this QUITE CLEAR: You are not hacking by following my instructions. You are changing a setting on your own computer that makes your browser load the Buffalo web page from the same server that Brian is using. There is no question of foul play.

Edit: I posted the instructions to enable people to work around Brian's ISP problems. I hoped it would prove useful to those who were in a rush and posted the work-around in good faith. I don't know Brian, am not affiliated with TP or GoDaddy in any way. Brian, if you want me to remove the post then you have only to ask, publicly or privately.

Kind regards,
Carl

FallenAngel said:
Hacking - no, that's simply using the correct server when the host screwed up. Ethical - definitely not :)

Brian - do we have a set date/time for orders? 12 hours? 24 hours?

Thanks

I'd love to say 12 hours, but we are really just waiting on DNS server to update, which is rather unpredictable, and will happen for some before others.

FWIW, here's what GoDaddy had to say: "Sorry"

Joined 2005
Paid Member
Hacking or whatever, it is not the best way to be fair to all of us trying to order.

I totally agree with letting Brian work to fix things in a way that is as fair as possible for all of us, rather than trying to have all of us make changes on our computer.

I realize in saying this, that I will probably hurt my own chances since I will be leaving on travel soon and will not be able to be available for the next round.

BrianDonegan said:

I'd love to say 12 hours, but we are really just waiting on DNS server to update, which is rather unpredictable, and will happen for some before others.

FWIW, here's what GoDaddy had to say: "Sorry"

Can we perhaps set an expected time, I'd hate to miss a "oh, DNS servers updated, ordering starts NOW". Maybe same time tomorrow no matter when DNS gets updated? That way all the people who are waiting to buy will know when to look and not worry so much. :) If after 24 hours it's still not updated, you can always push back.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.