• Disclaimer: This Vendor's Forum is a paid-for commercial area. Unlike the rest of diyAudio, the Vendor has complete control of what may or may not be posted in this forum. If you wish to discuss technical matters outside the bounds of what is permitted by the Vendor, please use the non-commercial areas of diyAudio to do so.

Buffalo DAC (ESS Sabre 9008)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
It works perfectly now with 24/96 and I'm just waiting on some 24/192 downloads from 2L to try out the top rate.

Its not that I have many hi-res recordings, but when the possibility is there, its good to avail of it now and again. Also, I can use the buffalo at my PC with headphones - the counterpoints sound good with it....

Fran

Thanks for all the suggestions guys, much appreciated.
Well I didn't have any time yesterday to fiddle with the DAC but today I had another look at things and still can't get a lock. I've tried everything I could think of.

Yesterday I'm connected Volumite to my Buffalo but forgot to place a jumper on the board ( that was understood later on ). So I'm powered Buffalo and nothing happens, no regulating. I remembered then that I have to choose software I2C controller, so I shorted the ADDR pins with tweezers for 2 seconds and that really did the trick - my Buffalo stop receive signal, i.e. no lock. = amaizing = :(
When I finally put a jumper (= powered on the Volumite ) Buffalo locked on immediately and regulating now is ok.
So... try to short ADDR ... maybe your Buffalo waitnig for Volumite and you will make reverse to installed chip with software.

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.