• Disclaimer: This Vendor's Forum is a paid-for commercial area. Unlike the rest of diyAudio, the Vendor has complete control of what may or may not be posted in this forum. If you wish to discuss technical matters outside the bounds of what is permitted by the Vendor, please use the non-commercial areas of diyAudio to do so.

Sinfonia Preamp

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Does anyone have any information on the Twin Audio Sinfonia preamplifier? I picked this up from an acquaintance yesterday who is downsizing. Beautiful amp, the best quality components I believe I've ever seen in something that I can actually afford. But the guy I bought it from didn't have any information on it.
TIA

Attachments

• Front.jpg
    Front.jpg
    42.1 KB · Views: 430
  • Sinfonia Guts.jpg
    Sinfonia Guts.jpg
    52.7 KB · Views: 437
Hello Tony, thanks for the response.

I'm just looking for any information on it. I guess specifically about the transformer coupling - What transformers are in there, why did you choose that design vs. cap coupled (I assume that would be another more common design). What do the transformers do, exactly. That sort of thing.
The only info I have on it is what is written on the front and what I can deduce from looking at the underside (which is not much, if that's not obvious by now ;))

Thanks!

Hello,

When we compare the sound of a tube preamp with output transformers and a tube preamp without output transformers, you would hear the difference easily. The sound of output transformer preamp is warmer, softer and more musical. Like the difference between tube power amp and solid state power amp.

Cheers,
Tony.

Hello Tony, thanks for the response.

I'm just looking for any information on it. I guess specifically about the transformer coupling - What transformers are in there, why did you choose that design vs. cap coupled (I assume that would be another more common design). What do the transformers do, exactly. That sort of thing.
The only info I have on it is what is written on the front and what I can deduce from looking at the underside (which is not much, if that's not obvious by now ;))

Thanks!

Hello,

When we compare the sound of a tube preamp with output transformers and a tube preamp without output transformers, you would hear the difference easily. The sound of output transformer preamp is warmer, softer and more musical. Like the difference between tube power amp and solid state power amp.

Cheers,
Tony.

Thanks Tony. I can say for sure that this preamp does sound very nice. And exceptional workmanship also, it's a thing of beauty.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.