• Disclaimer: This Vendor's Forum is a paid-for commercial area. Unlike the rest of diyAudio, the Vendor has complete control of what may or may not be posted in this forum. If you wish to discuss technical matters outside the bounds of what is permitted by the Vendor, please use the non-commercial areas of diyAudio to do so.

New Bookshelf Cabinet for Wide & Slim Classic GR dCHR-Ken70

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I'm so pleased to receive bookshelf cabinets newly made in last month. The cabinet is the Wide Classic Golden Ratio dCHR-Ken70 from Planet_10. Thank Dave's effort on the cabinet design and drawing made. The box is excellent and suitable for Mark's new CHR-70 (Gen.3). All the panels and holey bracing are 18 mm thickness. We will sell and get orders on this cabinet.
Box Outer Dimension: 178W x 267D x 376H mm

Cheers!

Tony.

Last edited:
This is the sample cabinet in Finland birch plywood. Mirror image pairs is made.

Attachments

• CGR-W1.jpg
    CGR-W1.jpg
    801.5 KB · Views: 1,246
  • CGR-W2.jpg
    CGR-W2.jpg
    808.2 KB · Views: 1,091
  • CGR-W3.jpg
    CGR-W3.jpg
    806.3 KB · Views: 990
frugal-phile™
Joined 2001
Paid Member
Hopefully I can get all the parts cut on Sunday and take a listen early next week. The only think I am worried about is being able to adjust stuffing once I seal the boxes up. Any thoughts?

Damping for those is well worked out. If we had been thinking you would have walked out the other day with an appropriate amount of ultraTouch. Well worth holding off closing them up till you can come bu for some.

dave

The speaker stands are made with walnut wood. They are very solid and stable. A new custom-made stands for the Wide CGR and Slim CGR cabinets are being built and will be available in next month.

I just sold a pair of finished cabinets in Australian MDF+Rosewood veneer in yesterday. The customer made decision to buy after listened 15 minutes only. There is no stock for this now. If you really like this cabinets in Australian MDF+Rosewood veneer, I can make again. The price of the cabinet is US$148/pair+shipping. If the order quantity of the cabinets can be 10 pairs, I would like to offer a special group order price, US$118/pair + shipping cost. The whole speakers (finished one) can be done on request.

The cabinets are very stiff and heavy, around 13 KG per pair. I can arrange surface mail (sea freight) to save your cost on shipping if can wait 1-2 months.

Cheers,
Tony,

Wow, those are really nice. The stands look great for it too.

Are the cabinets or the whole speakers going to be made available? I'd also be interested in the stands.

The speakers below were just sold:

Attachments

• CGR-70_3-01.jpg
    CGR-70_3-01.jpg
    812.2 KB · Views: 537
Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.