• Disclaimer: This Vendor's Forum is a paid-for commercial area. Unlike the rest of diyAudio, the Vendor has complete control of what may or may not be posted in this forum. If you wish to discuss technical matters outside the bounds of what is permitted by the Vendor, please use the non-commercial areas of diyAudio to do so.

Western Electric audio interconnect cable, $50/pair only

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
After a week of listening to Tony's Interconnect (MK I).
I must say I'm impressed with the sound quality. Especially, comparing to price I've got paid.
I used it as a pre-phono signal to int. amp. Both are tube.
What amazed me is it give more punchy feeling than my old interconnect (Copper Colour Penny). Bass & Hi are clearer, but the mid from Copper Colour is smoother. So now I'm using Tony's when I'm using MM cartridge for old Jazz vinyl. Copper Colour for MC low cartridge for other type of music.
Must say I'm overall satisfied with Tony's a lot! It's half priced my Copper Colour.

Surawut from Bangkok

I have had Tony's interconnects for about 4 months now and it may help others in deciding on whether they may purchase them or not in reading what they did for me. Here is what I sent back to Tony after installing them on my system.

Tony - all I can say is how very much impressed I am with these cables. They replaced iConnects Level 4s and there is absolutely no comparison. The first set have been placed between the Cambridge Audio 640P and a Parasound pre-amp. The CA is being fed by an Oracle Delphi TT with a Linn Akido arm and a Fidelity Research FR1 MkII MC cartridge. Unbelievable difference - night and day.

Differences:

1) immediate reduction in pre-amp volume requirements (went from 0db to -5db)
2) On A/B ing between the iConnects and the Twinsaudio the iCoonects sounded compressed. The Twinsaudio opened the staging substantially.
3) I love what they have done to the expand sonic range. Bass is sharper and distinct - considerably less muddy. Mid range is much more representative of live performances (as if a vale had been removed (example I was playing a Shawn Phillips album and was able to duplicate the twelfth fret harmonics almost exactly with my Martin D41 - I am very impressed). The LH emulating from cymbals, high hats and the upper octaves from piano are there in raw format.

My system at the time was TT - Oracle Delphi, TT Pre-amp -Cambridge Audio 640P, Pre-amp - Parasound S\SP 1500, Amp - Parasound 2205A - Speakers Anthony Gallo 3.1 Reference.

Coming from the iConnects was night and day but then that may say just how bad the iConnects were. For me, I ordered and replaced all my IC's with the MkII's.

Jim

Hello Jim,

Thank you very much for your comments on the MKII interconnect cables. You have a very good music source, Turntable system which can achieve high performance on playback. The MKII is made with vintage WE waxed copper wire and gives pure sound character to system. The prices of MKI and MKII are very affordable. I'm glad you love the cables.

Cheers,
Tony.

Its only been two weeks since i received Twins Audio interconnect from Tony. I love it so much and its definitely much more neutral and transparent compared to my VDH The Name interconnects. Currently Tony's interconnects sits between Lavry DA11 and Rudistor RP8 while driving the Sennheiser HD800. Dealing with Tony is indeed a pleasant experience. Now i'm anxiously waiting for Nakamichi speaker cable from Tony.
Cheers
rhodri

Hello Rhodri,

Thank you very much for your comments. You are most welcome. I still keep a few pairs of MKI and MKII, but not many.

The Nakamichi OFC speaker cables which were produced 1990's. The sound performance is very high. I keep 2 rolls only. The price is US$120/pair for 10 ft length. The connector is banana plug.

Thanks,
Tony.

Its only been two weeks since i received Twins Audio interconnect from Tony. I love it so much and its definitely much more neutral and transparent compared to my VDH The Name interconnects. Currently Tony's interconnects sits between Lavry DA11 and Rudistor RP8 while driving the Sennheiser HD800. Dealing with Tony is indeed a pleasant experience. Now i'm anxiously waiting for Nakamichi speaker cable from Tony.
Cheers
rhodri

Attachments

• Naka cable-1.jpg
    Naka cable-1.jpg
    818.4 KB · Views: 279
  • Naka cable-4.jpg
    Naka cable-4.jpg
    814.9 KB · Views: 267
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.