• Disclaimer: This Vendor's Forum is a paid-for commercial area. Unlike the rest of diyAudio, the Vendor has complete control of what may or may not be posted in this forum. If you wish to discuss technical matters outside the bounds of what is permitted by the Vendor, please use the non-commercial areas of diyAudio to do so.

2A3 Single End Class A amplifier

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
2 new 2A3 SE tube amps were finished. :)

Attachments

• New 2A3-16.jpg
    New 2A3-16.jpg
    226.9 KB · Views: 748
This is our 2A3 single end class A integrated amplifier which is designed and made on the basis of the classic 2A3 circuit, 6SN7 double triode drives 2A3 in class A single end with 5U4G rectifier. The output power is 4W. 2A3 is a direct heated triode, but unlike 300B, the sound of 2A3 is more transparent, dynamic and fast...

2A3SE-01.jpg

2A3SE-02.jpg

2A3SE-03.jpg

What is the price of this integrated amp?

OK...I have a few more questions. Does this amp sound better than a 300B tubed amp? Do you offer an Integrated 300B amp?

I see you also sell speaker kits. Are the prices for the kits just for the cabinets? Are the speakers efficient enough for the amps?

Right now I have 88db at 1 watt speakers. They probably are not the best for the either the 300B or 2A3 amps right?

Thank you,

Blake

Just asking...has anyone else purchased these amps? They certainly look nice. And with them being integrated it sure saves with trouble of needing a preamp, interconnects, etc...

Do these amps sound good and is the build quality good too?

And how are the speakers....Musik007...pardon me for asking other forum members...but I'd like the opinions of other customers. I really am looking for something that sounds cleaner than my Dynaco PP amp.

Thank you,

Blake

Hi Blake,

As 2A3 ad 300B are different on their sound characters, it is very difficult to justify which one is better on sound performance. Depends on personal tastes, someone like 2A3 and someone like 300B. Basically, 300B is more powerful than 2A3 on technical specification. The output power of 300B class A single end is 6-8W and 2A3 class A single end is 3.5-4W. I also offer integrated 300B amp.

The price of speaker kit includes drive units, cabinets, binding posts, connection wires and acoustic materials. As they are full range drive units such as Markaudio and Fostex and no cross over needed, both 2A3 and 300B amps can drive those speakers well.

If the speakers at 88dB are two-way speakers with crossover, there is no problem for 300B or 2A3 amps to work with. If you like to listen orchestra, 300B amp would be able to perform wider and deeper sound stage and smoothness than 2A3 amp.

Thanks,
Tony.
OK...I have a few more questions. Does this amp sound better than a 300B tubed amp? Do you offer an Integrated 300B amp?

I see you also sell speaker kits. Are the prices for the kits just for the cabinets? Are the speakers efficient enough for the amps?

Right now I have 88db at 1 watt speakers. They probably are not the best for the either the 300B or 2A3 amps right?

Thank you,

Blake

Last edited:
Right now I have a Dynaco ST-70 type amp that has KT88's and though the speakers sound good I think I'd like more efficient speakers to use with a 300B amp.

I apologize for all the questions but since you say the 300B tubes put out more power I have to ask if you sell a SE 300B Integrated Amp and if so can you give me the price on it?

Also can you recommend a speaker kit and provide photos and info that you sell to use with that 300B amp as well?

It looks like you build and sell nice audio equipment.

Thank you again...Blake

I sold 2A3 and 300B amps to audiophiles in Hong Kong and overseas.

Some very high priced tube amps may not sound good. I am not hard sell and say my amps sound good. What I can say is my amps are good value for money on the prices and the build quality.

Thanks,
Tony.
Just asking...has anyone else purchased these amps? They certainly look nice. And with them being integrated it sure saves with trouble of needing a preamp, interconnects, etc...

Do these amps sound good and is the build quality good too?

And how are the speakers....Musik007...pardon me for asking other forum members...but I'd like the opinions of other customers. I really am looking for something that sounds cleaner than my Dynaco PP amp.

Thank you,

Blake

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.