• Disclaimer: This Vendor's Forum is a paid-for commercial area. Unlike the rest of diyAudio, the Vendor has complete control of what may or may not be posted in this forum. If you wish to discuss technical matters outside the bounds of what is permitted by the Vendor, please use the non-commercial areas of diyAudio to do so.

6L6 class A single end amplifier

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi Alejandro,

Your amplifier was sent out in this afternoon. Thank you.

Tony.

6L6SE-packing.jpg

I have received the amplifier last friday. I have been using it since then, and comparing with my other amplifiers. The sound is realy surprising for the price (even for the normal price). I am using it with my Coral Flat5 TQWT speakers.
Bass is very good, even compared with my push-pull Ideal-Innovations amp. Compared with my reference amp, the Tatic Audio 6B4G, it is not as transparent but very close. Atack and decay in piano notes is very close to real. And considering the 3.5 watts of the 6B4G, having 6-7 watts makes a difference with 91 db speakers.
Very good job Thomas and Tony!!

Foto0292.jpg

Hi Alejandro,

I'm very glad to know you received the 6L6 amplifier and you are satisfied with its performance. Thanks very much for your comments. We are serious to make every amplifier. I'm surprised that the sound of our 6L6 SE is close to your 6B4G SE. 6B4G is directly heated power triode and its ratings and characteristics are similar to those of the 2A3 or 6A3. 6L6/6L6GC is indirectly heated power pentode. Can you show a photo of your 6B4G amp for sharing?

Metal 6SJ7 is one of the good choice for the input stage of this amplifier. Recommend to try other 6L6m like RCA ST shaped 6L6 in smoked glass, and other recifiers like 5U4G, 5R4G, 5Z4, GZ34, 5AR4, U52.... You may listen the difference when changed those tubes. Cheers!

Thank you.
Tony.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.