• Disclaimer: This Vendor's Forum is a paid-for commercial area. Unlike the rest of diyAudio, the Vendor has complete control of what may or may not be posted in this forum. If you wish to discuss technical matters outside the bounds of what is permitted by the Vendor, please use the non-commercial areas of diyAudio to do so.

New 300B single end

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Oh, how I whish I had the money, I've wanted to build me an 300B SE-Amp for, well, as long as I can remeber. Those ballon-shaped 300B-tube, really gives the amp a 1920s look. I like it, though I'm more keen on the "coke-bottle". I hope it gives you lots of pleasure... some day, some day......

Oh, how I whish I had the money, I've wanted to build me an 300B SE-Amp for, well, as long as I can remeber. Those ballon-shaped 300B-tube, really gives the amp a 1920s look. I like it, though I'm more keen on the "coke-bottle". I hope it gives you lots of pleasure... some day, some day......

Yes, the 300B amp really makes me enjoy music. TJ Full Music is a active tube maker in China. They have produced high quality audiophile tubes for over 10 years. If you have opportunity, listen Full Music 300B, you will understand what I said. Mark Fenlon also loves Full Music 300B. The 300B he is listening is Full Music 300B Deluxe Limited Edition.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

Uh-yeah, I see what you mean! I've made some research on the 'net' and some books I have from 1940's to the middle of 1950's. I also have a friend who build his first LW-radio with two tubes, back during the second world war(we in Sweden didn't suffer that much from WWII, as we stayed "neutral", or rather we sold iron to the Germans, and we smuggled parts for weapon's and tank's to England, and US-special forces, did their training way up north, while we let the Germans use our railways to Finland so we were anything "but" neutral... enough history :D). And he use a the 2A3 triode(15W plate disp.), and he had heard some very good thing 'bout the "Full Audio" tubes. And he says(but sound is very subjective) that the 2A3 triode is "easier" on the ears then the 300B!? I've never listen to a SE-Amp with 2A3 tubes, but I've listened to a couple of 300B SE-Amps, and I get chills all over... just remembering! By the way, thanks for the explaining! Why you want to use a high-µ pentode, in triode-mode!

Do you still keep some vintage tubes? Some are rare now and very expensive.
On my listenig experience between 2A3 and 300B on my single end amps, the sound of 2A3 is clear, transparent and detailed. I feel 2A3 is neutral sound without coloration. The sound of 300B is smoother, warmer and thicker than 2A3. 300B has a very full mid range and comfortable low range. This may be the main reason why lots of audiophiles love the sound of 300B. Why you got chills when listened to 300B SE amp?
High-mu penotde tubes like EF95, EF86, 6J7 are powerful enough to drive many power tubes. Pentodes are very easy drive EL84, 6V6, 6L6, EL34 tubes. If use pentode in pentode mode to drive EL84, for expample, the gain would be very high, and easy to have distortion. Therefore, we prefer connect pentode in triode mode to control gain and distortion in a proper level. On listening, EF95 in triode mode to drive EL84 single end is powerful and refined without lack of warmth.

The solid aluminium feet provide strong support for the amplifier.

New-300b-19.jpg

I selected Mundorf Mcap Supreme series capacitor, 0.22uF/1200VDC as the coupling caps between input stage (12AX7) and driver stage (6SN7). Mcap Supreme caps can perform the sound with more details and clarity.

New-300b-24.jpg

New-300b-30.jpg

http://www.mundorf.com/english/bauteile/frkondensator.htm

" No matter where you use the MCAP-Supreme - as a coupling capacitor in your CD player or amplifier, or in the crossover of your speakers - you always get the same surprising and impressive performance. This capacitor mobilises such unbelievable reserves in your sound system that it is really justified to speak of a new Dimension of music reproduction. Furthermore, the effect is not only achieved with very expensive high-end components. It delivers a significant enhancement in more price-conscious configurations, making it a very worthwhile upgrade."
(Review: Klang & Ton 4/98, p. 68)

" If you're serious about high end, you need to try this capacitor!"

Last edited:
"Chills", maybe the wrong word, it translates wrong from Swedish to English, "shivers" might be a better description. In my native tongue it's "gåshud", goosebumps, if that's a correct word in English....? Though I have two new 2A3 tubes, I'm not sure what do with them. As you mentioned, they are rare and expensive... But maybe I'll design a 300B SE-Amp, and add some tweaks to it, so I can change the output-tubes... Full Music had 2A3's too, but they where twice as expensive as the 300B....

That's strange.... when I visit the website, the 2A3 came in various flavours, and the one I had in mind was twice the cost of the 300B of 'the same flavour'. I meant that the sound was so good, that I had a "hallelujah moment", goosebumps, shivers, when your whole being is tingling .... it where one of those occasions when you have a moment of clarity, "I was borne too do this"... I've never heard an amp that had the sound that "spoke to me", and made an impact that I can't forget, sounds almost religious, and in a way it was.... I sounds like I'm ready for the mental institute.. :D
I really liked the sound, that's it/why, so plz people, am I to fuzzy, or why can't people relate... haven't you heard, seen, experience something that made a big impression, on you....

Hi,

Sorry to miss the price. The price of this 300B single end amplifier is USD1580 including all Full Music audiophile tubes, 12AX7, 6SN7, 300B and 274B. This is one of our high quality 300B amplifier which used audiophile components and capacitors like Mcap and Jensen and Neotech UPOCC hook-up wires. All the transformers are hand-made by Mr. Zhu. The circuit, 12AX7-6SN7-300B is our own design. The amp was strictly and carefully made and soldered by Thomas. All of these elements make this 300B amp sound balanced and natural.

New-300b-13.jpg

Full Music 12AX7:
FM-X7-01.jpg

Full Music 6SN7, toasted plate:
FM-6SN7-09.jpg

Full Music 300B, grey plate:
FM300B-28-1.jpg

Full Music 274B rectifier:
274B-01-2.jpg

Last edited:
Dream on, dream on... to quote Aerosmith... $US1200! That's about my monthly income... It is a blessing that I know people that can get parts @cost(whole sale).. else I wouldn't be able to "live my dream"... it's almost silly, how f-kin' expensive this hobby is! But I've mange to "sniff" the air, when one can make bargains.. and buy tubes one month, cap's the other and so on, and I'm like most hobbyists are, gatherer, I have hundreds of "junk boxes"... and they do come in handy, and are money savers... :D

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.