• Disclaimer: This Vendor's Forum is a paid-for commercial area. Unlike the rest of diyAudio, the Vendor has complete control of what may or may not be posted in this forum. If you wish to discuss technical matters outside the bounds of what is permitted by the Vendor, please use the non-commercial areas of diyAudio to do so.

Introduction to Twin Audio

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi Thomas,

Which tube amplifier design of yours would suit driving 15ohms Rogers LS3/5a's? As you may be aware some EL34 or 84 pushpull designs (Leak or Radford) have been very popular partner for the LS3/5a.

Please advise or PM regarding your suggestions.

Thanks,
Dan

Dear Dan,

Depends on what music you listen. For vocals and light music, I believe 300B single end can well match with LS3/5A. For orchestra and pop music, EL34 push pull can handle LS3/5A well.

We can custom-make tube amplifiers with 15 ohms output transformers particluarly for your speakers.

Thanks.

Tony.

We have made some 300B amplifiers which are class A single end circuits. We can design our own circuits and make the amplifiers with parts we selected.

This is the 6SN7-300B amp made and sold in 2008.

Attachments

• 8 ohms-2.jpg
    8 ohms-2.jpg
    61.3 KB · Views: 1,121
  • 8 ohms-3.jpg
    8 ohms-3.jpg
    57.6 KB · Views: 1,093
  • 8 ohm-2-29.jpg
    8 ohm-2-29.jpg
    134.2 KB · Views: 1,082
Western Electric 717A (VT-269) is a special pentode which was used in US Navy in 1940s. We designed the Raytheon 717A into the input stage of the 300B amp.

Attachments

• 6SJ7-6V6-300B-28.jpg
    6SJ7-6V6-300B-28.jpg
    116.2 KB · Views: 131
  • 6SJ7-6V6-300B-18.jpg
    6SJ7-6V6-300B-18.jpg
    120.5 KB · Views: 133
  • 6SJ7-6V6-300B-11.jpg
    6SJ7-6V6-300B-11.jpg
    108.8 KB · Views: 127
Hi!

I'm looking for a tube amplifier which costs 350-500$
I am going to power a pair of CSS EL70 in Mar-Kel70 cabinet. I am listening to very mixed music. Some day i listen to Volbeat, Meshuggah and other heavy metal groups and some days i listen to Norah Jones, Joe Bonamassa or Andy McKee.

Do you have anything interesting?

Edit: I will have the signal XOed at 80hz (around 80hz) for this amplifier. I got another amplifier powering the subs. And the filter i Reckhorn S-1. So i don't need any realy performance below 80hz.

Well, i think i want a little more watts. Closer to 20.
I want to play loud, that's true. And i don't know how far i will get with 7 or 12 watts.
And to be honest i didn't really like the aesthetics. Looked cheap somehow. Looked like thin aluminum (or some other metal) and those stickers with the text looked even cheaper.

I actually care a little about asthetics. I got a Harman Kardon HK3490 at the moment which is über-sexy. And i would like it in black, to match the HK.

Anything else that would fit?

Hi Rullknuffs,

you really don't need that amount of watt's – I think 10 W is plenty for most people. Depending on the speakers, music and the listening room of course. As a metal fan myself, I'm pretty satisfied with 6 W amp and speakers with 93 dB sensitivity (4.5'' Fostex driver).

I would go for EL34-based amp, as it would be most suitable for different music genre's.

Cheers | Kristian

Well, i think i want a little more watts. Closer to 20.
I want to play loud, that's true. And i don't know how far i will get with 7 or 12 watts.
And to be honest i didn't really like the aesthetics. Looked cheap somehow. Looked like thin aluminum (or some other metal) and those stickers with the text looked even cheaper.

I actually care a little about asthetics. I got a Harman Kardon HK3490 at the moment which is über-sexy. And i would like it in black, to match the HK.

Anything else that would fit?

Seems like a better choice...
Makes it possible to try other speakers aswell on it.

But just a tip... Skip those stickers. It looks like a toy. And that oldish orange lamp next to the switch?

I might be a little fussy about the aesthetics but it's quite important i think. The black "boxes" behind the tubes look better though. Are they metal?
And maybe all-aluminum volume knob and that would be better? Atleast i think so :S

Is it possible to get a cover or something for it. My brother has a cat and am about to get a little cousin the comings months...

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.