• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

PIONEER SA-810 Tube Amp Schematics

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hope this is readable - else PM me for with an email addressb for the original 1.8MB file
Cheers,
Ian

Attachments

• SA810s.jpg
    SA810s.jpg
    993.5 KB · Views: 638
Thanks for the diagram gingertube, perfectly readable.
Hugely appreciated.
As for the sockets I believe one can carefully place the newer EH 7868 in the original socket but it could stretch the contacts and you could be in a situation where the original 7868 will be a rattle fit if you were to revert. The Electro Harmonix EH 7868's pins are .2 mm larger in diameter (Last I checked.) than the original but a lot cheaper than the NOS, unless you find a bargain. I am yet to find the correct socket but one does exist. The operation could be risky I suppose.

Tony,
I have a matched quad of these on my shelf.
7868 Electro Harmonix Power Tubes

Are you saying that they wont go into a Pioneer SA-810 without changing the tube sockets?

Thanks,
Ian

Hi, Ian mine was a pioneer sa-81, the original tubes are thin pins, the new production one was thicker pinned, so what i did was to loosen the sockets to accommodate the new production tubes....you can buy the novar 9 pins sockets but once you insert the 7868 new production tubes, then it will become loose for the old tubes..

can you send me the schematics too? thanks, i hate working on gears without proper documentations but sometimes i had to....

i wonder if this is the same as your pioneer sa-810:

Attachments

• IMG_7674.JPG
    IMG_7674.JPG
    588.5 KB · Views: 214
  • IMG_7633 (2).JPG
    IMG_7633 (2).JPG
    526.6 KB · Views: 211
Thanks for the diagram gingertube, perfectly readable.
Hugely appreciated.
As for the sockets I believe one can carefully place the newer EH 7868 in the original socket but it could stretch the contacts and you could be in a situation where the original 7868 will be a rattle fit if you were to revert. The Electro Harmonix EH 7868's pins are .2 mm larger in diameter (Last I checked.) than the original but a lot cheaper than the NOS, unless you find a bargain. I am yet to find the correct socket but one does exist. The operation could be risky I suppose.

Yes, OS 7868s have Novar bases, while the current production EH variant has a Magnoval base. The pin circles are the same, but Magnoval pins are "fatter". The socket stretching issue is academic, as OS 7868s are not available. The New Sensor product saves units that can't be converted to 7591s.

Ditto on the schematic, it's saved and may be passed on. :up:

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.