Go Back   Home > Forums > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Tubes / Valves All about our sweet vacuum tubes :) Threads about Musical Instrument Amps of all kinds should be in the Instruments & Amps forum

Musical Fidelity X10D schematic
Musical Fidelity X10D schematic
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 31st July 2017, 03:06 PM   #81
auriga2001in is offline auriga2001in  India
diyAudio Member

Default Built the x10-d buffer

I am quite happy with the x10-d buffer built this month, no hum, and sparkling sound when added in the audio chain.
Attached Images
File Type: png x10-d-buffer.png (49.9 KB, 455 views)
Old 12th April 2018, 07:23 AM   #82
fscarpa58 is offline fscarpa58  Italy
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jean-paul View Post
Both 2 transistor circuits are :cap multiplier and current limit.
Yes, I think in this way the filament has time to warm up before the anode goes live
Old 14th April 2018, 12:28 PM   #83
fscarpa58 is offline fscarpa58  Italy
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by charlesp210 View Post
It looks to me like X10-D is not an optimal tube buffer. ... Low distortion is achieved but not without rather large amount of feedback.
I agree. Too much global feedback and too many capacitors in the signal path.
A cathode follower should be a better choice. maybe dc coupled, with very few components. no GNF (only local).
Yes, a higher output impedance.
Old 23rd August 2019, 09:10 PM   #84
manniraj is online now manniraj  India
diyAudio Member

Resurrecting an old thread. I have this clone board modified with good quality caps from aliexpress and want to use as a pure preamp tube buffer with volume control. What value of the volume pot should I be using with this X10-D buffer board and I am using ECC82 tubes? I will get the DACT type 21 step potentiometer which I like the most.

thanks
Old 24th August 2019, 12:01 AM   #85
thegoldenear is offline thegoldenear  Australia
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by manniraj View Post
Resurrecting an old thread. I have this clone board modified with good quality caps from aliexpress and want to use as a pure preamp tube buffer with volume control. What value of the volume pot should I be using with this X10-D buffer board and I am using ECC82 tubes? I will get the DACT type 21 step potentiometer which I like the most.

thanks

i guessing higher the better. 50k or 100k if the pot goes before the buffer
Old 29th August 2019, 05:47 PM   #86
manniraj is online now manniraj  India
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by thegoldenear View Post
i guessing higher the better. 50k or 100k if the pot goes before the buffer
Thank you, yes the pot will be placed after the source selection and before the buffer. Will plan to get a 50K one DACT type eBay one 23 step ones.

Musical Fidelity X10D schematicHide this!Advertise here!