• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

is there a power supply unit for prototyping?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I'm a noob! be kind this must be really basic. I've ordered a couple of books about tubes already, but i have questions!!

Well, i have a tripple DC power supply unit for powering all the IC's and solid state circuits during prototyping.

Are there units out there that can go up to 300 VDC so i can power power the filaments? if so, do you recommend any?thanks!!

Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
miguel567_98 said:
I'm a noob! be kind this must be really basic. I've ordered a couple of books about tubes already, but i have questions!!

Well, i have a tripple DC power supply unit for powering all the IC's and solid state circuits during prototyping.

Are there units out there that can go up to 300 VDC so i can power power the filaments? if so, do you recommend any?thanks!!

funny thing's will happen if you try to power filaments with 300V......
anyway-google or search e-bay for heathkit or eico supply

astouffer said:
Another source of power are the electrophoresis supplies that show up on ebay.

Some great bargains if you can find them in working order. The ISCO 494 does up to 2000 volts or 150 ma (not simultaneously) and works on the basis of three output limit dials - voltage, current and power. Makes it almost impossible to damage devices if adjusted properly. I also have a Helena Labs Titan Plus, dual outputs good for ~750 VDC and if I recall over 200 ma per output, with digital current and voltage metering. I think it cost me about $50.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.