• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

Is Western Electric for Real? KT88 Scam?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Is Western lectric for Real? KT88 Scam?

I was just looking over Western Electrics site to see if they posted any new information on the aquistion of EI.

Starting looking over their tubes and was sitting here Drooling until ALL Of A Sudden I Hit upon their? KT88 Golden Lions?

OK Now this is Funny, The Mighty Western Electric is selling New Sensor Genalex Golden Lions, But the catch is the price is more than 3X the normal New Sensor price?

M.O.V. Genalex Gold Lion Retail Pricing:
KT88 Genalex Gold Lion KT88 $350.00ea***
KT88-2 Genalex Gold Lion KT88 Matched Pair $800.00***
KT88-4 Genalex Gold Lion KT88 Matched Quad $1700.00
KT88-8 Genalex Gold Lion KT88 Matched Octet $3500.00

$50.00 for matching??

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

Or Buy them on ebay for $130.00 a pair?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=280077863869

Something is very wrong with this picture.

Trout

Western Electric had noted on their site over a year ago that they were tooling up to once again make KT88's.

Perhaps they are once again making them.

I'm not a tube expert, so I'm sure you guys can tell at a glance if the tube is authentic. I just remember the comment on their site...

It would be cool if they were once again building them.

Apogee said:
Western Electric had noted on their site over a year ago that they were tooling up to once again make KT88's.

Perhaps they are once again making them.

I'm not a tube expert, so I'm sure you guys can tell at a glance if the tube is authentic. I just remember the comment on their site...

It would be cool if they were once again building them.

About 2 months ago, They had no pricing listed on their site and the text information on the KT88 Said Made In Russia. They removed it form the current description.

New Sensor Claims to own the Genalex & Golden Lion Trademarks.

Its looking pretty questionable.

Trout

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.