• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

Tentative EL84 SE Design.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
frugal-phile™
Joined 2001
Paid Member
Re: 5 Watts?

fragman56 said:
Did you ever determine if/how the el 84 yields 5w like the Zen Decware?

I always thot this was a 2W amp.

To quote Decware:
A single Zen Triode Amp (Model SE84C or SE84CS) is around 5 watts per channel.
That equates to an RMS figure of 1.8 watts into an artificial 8 ohm resistive load.

dave

Pentode config

Thanks Dave and John,

I understand that the suppressor is tied to the cathode (no choice here with the tubes that I see because this is already done inside the tube, I think).

What is the difference in hook-up config between pentode and triode mode for el 84? That is, where is screen hooked up if not the plate (or at + side with resistance)?

Thanks,
Rick

Triode??

Hi!

Thank you. Nice site; interesting schematics.

The single-ended schemes that I saw were wired with the screen to plate (or equivalent) and the suppressor to cathode--just like a pentode?? Interesting as well were the power ratings--3-4 watts which seems to indicate pentode since triode will produce 1.95 watts, I think.

I guess that I'll just drop the inquiry and wire it as shown calling it triode/pentode since I cannot see the difference.

Thank you for your help,

Rick

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.