• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

5692, the best?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hm, strange that I haven't notice'd 6L6EH. I will chek it out, and if they have, I think I can manage to work my boss around.

Yes, the "jaws" are tight and nice. It is a big mystery, but when you look at the conditen they are in. You might just get an idea about how harsh they are against their trusty amp.

Magnus

What took you so long?

Hi Chris,

I waited to post because when I post everyone else ceases to post after I do. LOL

The 1578's are well worth the money and can be bought for less than a pair of 5692's. I think its another case where our Russian friends have copied our tubes. Ever notice that they have a counterpart for every major tube we have? In this case their military tube out did what we had. Our JAN tubes offered in WW11 would be blown to the curb by this Russian offering.
Even their "cheap" standard 6N8S is non microphonic and sounds quite good and is probably superior to our 6SN7 offerings.

Hi Chris,

My information is right, Student with a part time job as a service technican. I might work a little more than I should... More fun that way.
I ask'd my boss today about EH 6L6, he will try to get some sampels from Newsensor. :D

Everyone else(!):

5692 was in my system very good, yes, but I have litte experience with other types.

Regards,
Magnus

For rocky,

Hi,
first of all, I am really sorry for bumping this thread just to contact Rocky, but have no other way to contact him. My PM function has never been enabled by a admin.

So, sorry and please forgive me.

Rocky,

Jeg lurer på om tilbudet om 5692 fortsatt står?
Desverre så er det ene røret mitt defekt. Jeg likte det veldig, veldig godt. Hvordan kan jeg kontakte deg?

Best regards,

Magnus

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.