• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

Granite tiles

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I haven't tried granite, but I helped a friend build an amp on marble. We glued a piece of copper screen to the underside, and you have an instant ground plane. Only connect to this at one point (near the input jacks) just like a conventional metal chassis.

I use the same technique on many non conductive surfaces, although it is not always needed with a power amp. The screen can be purchased at an arts and crafts store.

Thanks Guys, it sounds feasible. I was thinking I would glue wood strips underneath to reinforce the granite and I could use these to mount terminal strips for grounds and other connections etc.
By the way Tubelab, thanks for the work on the Edcor transformers, and your use of musical terms in your descriptions. It's alot easier for me to understand exactly what your hearing.
Steve

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.