• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

Photo Gallery

Kind of. Like this:

Attachments

• schemeit-project.png
    schemeit-project.png
    21 KB · Views: 927
My new project pure tube SE EL11 Telefunken /pseudo PP - maybe/, no saturation, small OTs, with amazing sound. Rec.- 5Y3, chock Hammond, preamp EBF11, Catod caps Black Gate, interstage caps Russian K73.
Where are you right now? Maybe I send you my 7 boxes with unfinished tube projects and humbly ask you to finish them ...:D

Actually I am in Chicago and will be back in Sweden by the end of next week. I did, before leaving, two weeks ago, dig up my Luxman clone and fond NINE 50CA10 tubes to go with it. The chassis is ready drilled and milled, I bring PSU caps back from USA and hopefully all components I purchased are still left.

Where are you right now? Maybe I send you my 7 boxes with unfinished tube projects and humbly ask you to finish them ...:D

Actually I am in Chicago and will be back in Sweden by the end of next week. I did, before leaving, two weeks ago, dig up my Luxman clone and fond NINE 50CA10 tubes to go with it. The chassis is ready drilled and milled, I bring PSU caps back from USA and hopefully all components I purchased are still left.
Im in Baltimore MD for permanent.....I hope I will be in Chicago in Christmas...../You can send me Your stuff for finishing/

814 PP, only one channel built so music in mono with one 15" FR.

These tubes, 814-"A" were made for a french military contract, probably Philips France factory.

Attachments

• DSCF9541.JPG
    DSCF9541.JPG
    522.4 KB · Views: 849
  • DSCF9558.JPG
    DSCF9558.JPG
    461.1 KB · Views: 818
  • DSCF9561.JPG
    DSCF9561.JPG
    468.9 KB · Views: 764
  • DSCF9574.JPG
    DSCF9574.JPG
    568.3 KB · Views: 766
Oops.

They had a good 5 year run at 70c though... I bought these at the local electronic surplus/junk store when I was just starting to DIY tube stuff.

When it blew, it took out an 8R 5W resistor, a diode, and a 5A fuse :) Apparently, the force of the blast sent it into the chassis and dumped the power supply to ground.

Attachments

• 2019-11-17 08-52-24.jpg
    2019-11-17 08-52-24.jpg
    246.2 KB · Views: 763
Last edited:
Yes, a DHP but used in triode with only 400V B+ (fixed bias).

Impressive because big bottles and tungsten filaments but probably not better than a PP of KT66 triode connected in these conditions :rolleyes: ;)

Triode curves here:

814 SE A2 Amplifier – Bartola(R) Valves

Thx. I see Ale was using a 46 to drive it. What did you use? Or maybe at this point I should ask if you posted a thread about it so I don't take this too far afield.