• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

Photo Gallery

Edelweiss - 3 in puɐlɐǝz ʍǝu

Despite everyone here I straight away understood your joke why???? Because in the background there is a palm tree of NEW ZEALAND !!!!!! lol....;).....back to business can you please ask to your client what a beautiful speaker he owns? what is it ? .....by the way I really love your amps and I honestly wish you to sell them all over the world....all the best

Wavebourn wrote:

"I almost ready to start production business."

As a consequence you have to set up a repairing business as well in case of........... ;)

Of course. One comrade already shorted pins 1 and 4 by a filament managing to insert one EL34 tube the wrong way, but complaining that another one would not fit. I suppose the smoke that he saw was from screen grid voltage regulator.

Despite everyone here I straight away understood your joke why???? Because in the background there is a palm tree of NEW ZEALAND !!!!!! lol....;).....back to business can you please ask to your client what a beautiful speaker he owns? what is it ? .....by the way I really love your amps and I honestly wish you to sell them all over the world....all the best

"The speakers are my own build, TAD TD-2001 compression driver in a yuchi horn, and a TAD TL-1603 woofer. 2nd order crossover at 900hz, a CD compensation circuit boosting the horn frequencies from approx 6khz and a 130l cabinet. The slot tweeter seen is no longer in use, much better as a 2 way. Next steps is slightly bigger cabinet and a nicer finish 🙂"

Wavebourn,

Wow, I like your efficient 2-way speakers (2-way appeals to me). But they would be too heavy for me to move (Hernia makers). From the holes in the plates, I suspected those were KT66s.
But I have not examined many KT88s. I have discovered my KT66 amps are among my favorites (both SE; and Balanced).

Keep up the good work!

"The speakers are my own build, TAD TD-2001 compression driver in a yuchi horn, and a TAD TL-1603 woofer. 2nd order crossover at 900hz, a CD compensation circuit boosting the horn frequencies from approx 6khz and a 130l cabinet. The slot tweeter seen is no longer in use, much better as a 2 way. Next steps is slightly bigger cabinet and a nicer finish 🙂"

Thank you :)

My take on the Novar Spud amplifier. 6LR8's in UL.

Attachments

• IMG_20190816_110656.jpg
    IMG_20190816_110656.jpg
    387.7 KB · Views: 1,033
A GU-50 SET driven by a 6EM7. I was trying to make something small like the Dynaco ST-35. I started working on this amp in Spring of 2012 after some threads by Wavebourne. It has only taken me 7 years to finish it...

Attachments

• front.jpg
    front.jpg
    545.3 KB · Views: 838
  • side.jpg
    side.jpg
    637.4 KB · Views: 821
  • rear.jpg
    rear.jpg
    525.1 KB · Views: 778
Hi. In the meantime I committed such a "toddler". Includes: Digital FM radio, Bluetooth, EQ, micro SD / USB reader, aux input, manual tone adjustment. Audio amplifier on 5670 and EL95 tubes, power output 2 x 3W. The whole is controlled from the remote control.

Attachments

• 1e.jpg
    1e.jpg
    83 KB · Views: 1,206
  • 2e.jpg
    2e.jpg
    88.4 KB · Views: 991
  • 3e.jpg
    3e.jpg
    127.4 KB · Views: 1,040
  • 4e.jpg
    4e.jpg