• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

Photo Gallery

GKTAUDIO. Great design. Not too loud for the house?

My version of push-pull

Attachments

• AMP4.jpg
    AMP4.jpg
    866.5 KB · Views: 810
Hah. Well, if I'm playing electric guitar along to some tunes, not loud enough. If my wife is listening, it can get too loud, so I keep it turned down. If the dogs are in the room, too damned loud, so again, I keep it down. The room is pretty long - it leads into the dining area and then the kitchen, so sound levels drop off by the time the listener is 30' from the speakers.

Fortunately, both the electronics and the speakers sound really good at lower listening levels, which also brings distortion levels so far down they are not detectable by me. When we put the dogs outside and feel like listening at higher levels, the attenuator on the Accuphase C200 is never past 1000-1030.
GKTAUDIO. Great design. Not too loud for the house?

Last edited:
My former "production". Tubes 2x EL95, power out 2x 3W.

I have but another ...

Hot damn, that is gorgeous mate.

Certainly seeing a lot of very nice attention to detail.

It’s looks like a high end retail amplifier straight out of the 70’s (give or take)

Any chance you might have a higher resolution of that shot of the internals? Happen to have any more photos of it? Another of the inside would be rad.

Regardless, congratulations mate.

Hot damn, that is gorgeous mate.

Certainly seeing a lot of very nice attention to detail.

It’s looks like a high end retail amplifier straight out of the 70’s (give or take)

Any chance you might have a higher resolution of that shot of the internals? Happen to have any more photos of it? Another of the inside would be rad.

Regardless, congratulations mate.

Yes:) These are my biggest 1024x768. I don't have bigger ones. Amplifier on LND150+EL42 (hybrid version).

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    155.9 KB · Views: 1,017
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    208.3 KB · Views: 991
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    251.8 KB · Views: 973
Wavebourn,

Were those KT66s?
Or Kt88s?

I am glad to see some of your amps going down under.

I hope you are being paid at least a little for your labor of love.

You have settled on a good topology, and seem to be able to make it work well, for just about any Beam/Pentode output tube.
Nice job!

Thank you.
Yes, my prototypes are getting popular, and each new one improves usability due to suggestions from people who buy them. Here is what he wrote:

"Thanks to Anatoliy for all of his help and patience creating this combined Headphone/Speaker amp.

The Edelweiss absolutely delivers on it's promise of high end sound on a budget.

This wee amp's 6w can drive my 96dB speakers to well past normal listening levels and sounds fantastic.

The switched headphone power and speaker switching works perfectly and I'm still amazed at how quiet the amp is on any output, dead silent!

The Edelweiss is also a tube roller dream, I have tried - EL34, KT77, 6L6G, 6L6GB, 6L6GC, 5881, KT66, KT88, and all work perfectly. My favourite is the KT66 pictured."

I almost ready to start production business. I finalized 2 things that I am going to manufacture. A 4-input preamp capable to deliver 20 mA peak output, with headphone sockets, so it can be used as a headphone amp for ordinary high sensitivity dynamic headphones.
And a speaker/headphone amp as pictured. It has 4 position output switch on the front panel, for speakers and 4 output levels for ordinary dynamic and low sensitivity planar magnetic headphones. On the rear panel it will have one more 4-position switch, for different damping factors, from "current drive" to heavy servo-damping by negative output resistance, to better match different speakers like open baffles, horns, closed and ported speakers.

Here is the preamp on the floor driving my Gubernator-71 amp:

Wavebourn - Gubernator-71 and 90 dB/W/M speakers | Facebook

Last edited: