• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

Photo Gallery

Sorry, it is a commercial project, I want to get some return of investments before I start sharing schematics. I revealed already all details one by one in discussions helping others, I just can't share the result of the work, I want to sell few amps before our Chinese comrades start selling copies.

There is a whole thread about "Magnificence TV tubes", you can learn and ask questions if something is not clear yet.

Looking at those infra red (?) pictures you are pointing to their plate dissipation? :D

Plates dissipate the same power like EL34 in the same amp, but filaments draw more power. I was concerned about power transformer and decided that 50 degrees C temperature rise would be too much, so decided there will be no versions of the amp on such small chassis with 6CB5A tubes, even though they sound the best. Not like I can tell that the sound differs, it is a subconscious feeling of cleaner sound.

Attachments

• ter_005.JPG
    ter_005.JPG
    66.6 KB · Views: 1,094
Last edited:
Plates dissipate the same power like EL34 in the same amp, but filaments draw more power. I was concerned about power transformer and decided that 50 degrees C temperature rise would be too much, so decided there will be no versions of the amp on such small chassis with 6CB5A tubes, even though they sound the best. Not like I can tell that the sound differs, it is a subconscious feeling of cleaner sound.

Thanks Wavebourn for your explanation.
By the way, how (or with which application)did you made those photographs?

Wavebourn
A good idea to make a decorative amplifier in the form of a night light (glows at night).
Your amplifiers can be technically very good, and they are pretty cool. The design suffers,
not everyone likes your techno punk design, the circle of buyers is very small.
Not every room needs to see wires and transformers.
For a good idea, you need a companion designer, this will give you the opportunity to sell an amplifier without compromise.

Attachments

• DSC_1443-640.jpg
    DSC_1443-640.jpg
    37.5 KB · Views: 954
Last edited:

Attachments

• Aikido Octal OTL Tube Headphone Amp High Voltage.jpg
    Aikido Octal OTL Tube Headphone Amp High Voltage.jpg
    472.1 KB · Views: 802
  • Aikido Octal OTL Tube Headphone Amp High Voltage Rear.jpg
    Aikido Octal OTL Tube Headphone Amp High Voltage Rear.jpg
    420.1 KB · Views: 785