• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

Photo Gallery

Well; I am not good in giving specific directions. I prefer to explain basics, so people understand how to do that, and why. When I taught electronics, I used a trick, I was giving a task to somebody to calculate something, or to design some schematic, then said that I need to go away to wet the sponge. I was standing behind the door, listening to their collective attempt to solve the problem, and only after they get quiet entering the class.

Cool. I was a teacher too. Every teacher chooses what point to enter the stream. You’ve chosen to enter further down stream than I stand. I’ve never even taken basic electronics. I’ve been able to “reach beyond my grasp” with the help of the kind people of this forum. Many thanks to all of you!

TUBES 52B SE

9.jpg 8.jpg 7.jpg 6.jpg

5.jpg 4.jpg 2.jpg 3.jpg

1.jpg

Seek Thermal camera has iPhone app. Pentode, with nested feedback loops. Gorgeous tube, one of the best for SE. Probably even the best one for up to 10W output power.

Can you please share the schematic of this amp with 6CB5A? I am really interested, I do not have your experience but so far I am been blow away by the use of vertical or horizontal deflection tubes and if I am not wrong this was used on color television's horizontal def....regards