• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

Photo Gallery

I already baked my turkey... Looks like I finally found my color.
Happy Thanksgiving!

Attachments

• IMG_5118.jpg
    IMG_5118.jpg
    567.5 KB · Views: 829
  • IMG_5119.jpg
    IMG_5119.jpg
    667.2 KB · Views: 827
Edelweiss-3 in darkness

Ohhhh. Ahhhh. Nice!

Here is my DIY-amplifier set at this time.
Photos was taken in my garage :D

Pre: ECC803s + 12BH7 + tube rect/reg, and 40hz 18db/oct sub outs with tube driver.
Mono power amps: 6SL7+6SN7+parallel pushpull KT88:s +tube rect.
Sub amp: 6F12P+ 6x KT88 +tube rect.

Sub amp

Wow! That's quite the project!

I already baked my turkey... Looks like I finally found my color.
Happy Thanksgiving!

Wow! Love that color. Congrats Wave!

Ouch... Listening to some nice smooth jazz I heard some clicks from speakers and thought that something is arching under the chassis in my amp prototype... But saw nothing wrong... Then realized that that were clicks of the vinyl playing by Pandora radio. :D

Had same feeling when i tried a new built riaa, there was some oddly wavey sound i never heard before on that record :D.

Nice looking amp btw.

Anders

My new chassis for PP EL34 audio amplifier !:)
This is art

Here is my DIY-amplifier set at this time.
Photos was taken in my garage :D

Pre: ECC803s + 12BH7 + tube rect/reg, and 40hz 18db/oct sub outs with tube driver.
Mono power amps: 6SL7+6SN7+parallel pushpull KT88:s +tube rect.
Sub amp: 6F12P+ 6x KT88 +tube rect.

When are you going into production? :eek:

Only Output transformers and chassis are original. Cathode auto bias with IC TL 783.

You do good work.:worship:

RCA 30+30 and others

Hello to everybody, I just check and saw very beautiful amp here.
I start just one years ago to build tube amp for myself. My first is the RCA 30+30 push-pull with RIAA and tone control, I am very happy with it, has been just difficult to squeeze everything on the same enclosure, if I have to do it again now I will for sure use separate enclosure, the second I call it "my baby amp" because is a little 1.3 watts using a TV vertical tube 6CY7 but the sound coming out of it and the clarity for do not talk about sound stage are incredible and very unexpected.
I then just last week finish a RIAA preamp using on the first stage 6922 and on the second 6N2P-EV, in this case I make a separate solid-state power supply with two different 240Vdc output and also two different 6,3Vac output so that I can use it with some future pre-amp project. All the best to everybody.

Attachments

• F5.jpg
    F5.jpg
    696.7 KB · Views: 770
  • F6.jpg
    F6.jpg
    868.9 KB · Views: 786
  • F10.jpg
    F10.jpg
    750.3 KB · Views: 744
  • F11.jpg
    F11.jpg
    905 KB · Views: 733
  • RIAA7.jpg
    RIAA7.jpg
    85.7 KB · Views: 754
  • RIAA6.jpg
    RIAA6.jpg
    90.8 KB · Views: 347
SE-814 triode mode with 6E6p-ev with gyrator load as driver. Power supply for the 814 : 2x 866A and 2x 6AX4. Powersupply for the 6E6p AZ1 mesh plate. Output transformers are Tribute 6,5K custom made. Power transformers and chokes are from Leszek Ogonowski. Filament supply and bias supply are from Rod Coleman

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.