• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

Photo Gallery

Sorry for offtopic, but tubes involved :)

Attachments

• klein1.jpg
    klein1.jpg
    837.6 KB · Views: 1,873
  • klein2.jpg
    klein2.jpg
    839.7 KB · Views: 1,719
  • klein3.jpg
    klein3.jpg
    619.9 KB · Views: 1,554
Sorry for offtopic, but tubes involved :)

Yes, that post containing the very, very nice looking aluminum faced and wooden cased nixie clock is COMPLETELY off topic.

To rectify this egregious and flagrant flaunting of the rules, I will gladly dispose of the offending item for you. Please send the nixie clock to me immediately and I will get rid of it for you (please package it with lots of cushioning and mark it as "gift" for the customs officials).

And it will serve two purposes too... I noticed the article in the background mentioning, "Fire starting on the first floor". Disposing of it properly will protect you from fire that could happen from this nixie clock (don't worry, I am a professional).

Don't laugh folks, I am hoping that this will actually work one day. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Aikido preamp.
Driven by 6N1P and 6N6P, output caps K40Y9, after few months I will change caps with Auricap's which I have them already.

Is there a Denon DCD-685 CD player? If so, it is worth to rebuilt.
You can replace its poor opamped analogue stage by tube based one, and the player will sound awesome. I did it many times, and recommend it for you. Here are some pictures:

frontal%20view.jpg

lateral.jpg

PSU.jpg

tuB8yGZxoD50GcKV_VHY0fr6Jxg_BV7BSbE-UrMMZzE=w800-h461

Is there a Denon DCD-685 CD player? If so, it is worth to rebuilt.
You can replace its poor opamped analogue stage by tube based one, and the player will sound awesome. I did it many times, and recommend it for you. /tuB8yGZxoD50GcKV_VHY0fr6Jxg_BV7BSbE-UrMMZzE=w800-h461[/IMG]

Yeah DCD 685... Works good, just sometimes CD drawer get stuck, like is trying to open and after many times open/close will open or a "gentle" slap in chassis, the drawer opens :)

Nice work in your cd player, which tubes you are using? I can see in pcb SRPP.. (will you share the design) Can 6N1P or 6N6P do the job?

My Aikido, I like sound of it. Really its worth any cent I invest on it.
Makes music so rich and lifelike, especially classic rock when I listen.

Thanks

Yeah DCD 685... Works good, just sometimes CD drawer get stuck, like is trying to open and after many times open/close will open or a "gentle" slap in chassis, the drawer opens :)

Nice work in your cd player, which tubes you are using?
I'm using 6DJ8.
I can see in pcb SRPP.. (will you share the design)
It's only print on PCB. My circuit is common cathode tied to the cathode follower. I'll share the circuit when I'll find the drawing. You can use (with some mods) the line stage from Klimo Merlin preamplifier also.
Can 6N1P or 6N6P do the job?
Yes, they can, but I dislike both. I used to replace 6N1P by 6CG7 and to replace 6N6P by 5670 or E182CC (Warning! Different pinout!). Replacing 6N6P by E288CC in my ukrainian monoblocks gave great sonic benefits.
My Aikido, I like sound of it. Really its worth any cent I invest on it.
Makes music so rich and lifelike, especially classic rock when I listen.
I believe you. I'll post the pictures of my handmade tube preamplifier soon.