• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

Photo Gallery

Last edited:
Some of my Projects

Mark III clones, 8b clone, Aikido line amp, RH84 SE

Attachments

• DSCN0244.JPG
    DSCN0244.JPG
    754 KB · Views: 907
  • DSCN0252.JPG
    DSCN0252.JPG
    792 KB · Views: 477
  • DSCN0284.JPG
    DSCN0284.JPG
    804.6 KB · Views: 401
  • DSCN0293.JPG
    DSCN0293.JPG
    735.2 KB · Views: 390
.....connection have finised this evening , I will start tomorrow after double check ........now I'm sleepy :sleep:

D3a + 2A3 Opt AK audio labs ;)

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

Great execution!
I like that you posted the schematic also.
I need to build a 2a3 one of these day.

Fisher X100A Modified

Here is my Fisher X100A modified clone amplifier

The biggest chane on the amp is to apply negative bias.
The other change on amp are on the negative feedback and on the input filters and some of the resistor.

Here is the amp. spesifications:

Amplifier output power: 16w on 4ohm (17.7w on 3.6ohm)
Input sensitivity: 290mV
Apmlifier gain: 32dB
Upper cutoff frequency: 20.5KHz
Lower cutoff frequency: 35Hz

Attachments

• 171.jpg
    171.jpg
    34.6 KB · Views: 243
  • 151.jpg
    151.jpg
    32.3 KB · Views: 223
  • 141.jpg
    141.jpg
    34.2 KB · Views: 200
  • 131.jpg
    131.jpg
    33 KB · Views: 310
  • 111.jpg
    111.jpg
    39.3 KB · Views: 372
  • Fisher X100A Modified schema.jpg
    Fisher X100A Modified schema.jpg
    25 KB · Views: 304
  • Lady  in  Red.jpg
    Lady in Red.jpg
    27.3 KB · Views: 232
  • 18.jpg
    18.jpg
    47.1 KB · Views: 346
Last edited:
Hi...
It has been a long time since I posted anything on this thread.
My system has changed a lot since then so here is an up-to-date set of pics of my setup.

I now have a pair of Fostex FF225WK full rangers in a pair of 5ft Metronome cabinets. Amp is a recently completed 801A Single-ended triode driven by 6C6 pentodes.

Very Nice Steve,

What made you change to this set up?

Regards
M. Gregg

It was my wife really.
She did not like the look of the pair of 6B4G monoblocks I had before.
They were built on bare aluminium guitar amp chassis. She thought they were too "industrial looking" for the living room.

When I was loaned a pair of 10K AE Europe amorphous core output transformers to try, that had originally been used on a 211 SE amp
I was given the perfect excuse to build a 801A setup and satisfy my wife's aesthetic viewpoint at the same time.
We both like the looks and the sound of the setup, so everyone is happy. :)

She actually paid for the Metronomes to be built because she was so sick and tired of looking at my open baffles ;)

Hi...
It has been a long time since I posted anything on this thread.
My system has changed a lot since then so here is an up-to-date set of pics of my setup.

I now have a pair of Fostex FF225WK full rangers in a pair of 5ft Metronome cabinets. Amp is a recently completed 801A Single-ended triode driven by 6C6 pentodes.

Wow Nice amp , and a tube shunt regulator in the power supply , BTW why you didn't use PY500A which is better than PY500 .

Last edited:
This is my latest layout, I have re-organised and made more space in my living room. Put 3 more shelves up and re organised the power supplies with the orange cables using IEC plugs all in one. I have bought a new distribution amplifier as the one I have now is giving me trouble. Using SPOTIFY for my music, about 215,000 tracks 21 months worth already. As you can see I am not married, so can do what I like, lucky me. The speakers are all home made All full range planars except 2 Bailey transmission line, 2 Underfloor loaded and 2 I.Bs.

Attachments

• SAM_0243.JPG
    SAM_0243.JPG
    422.2 KB · Views: 340
  • SAM_0242.JPG
    SAM_0242.JPG
    379.2 KB · Views: 368
  • SAM_0241.JPG
    SAM_0241.JPG
    392.5 KB · Views: 381
  • SAM_0240.JPG
    SAM_0240.JPG
    405 KB · Views: 380
  • SAM_0239.JPG
    SAM_0239.JPG
    408.6 KB · Views: 368
  • SAM_0237.JPG
    SAM_0237.JPG
    396 KB · Views: 385
  • SAM_0236.JPG
    SAM_0236.JPG
    363.4 KB · Views: 529
  • SAM_0235.JPG
    SAM_0235.JPG
    461.2 KB · Views: 528
  • SAM_0244.JPG
    SAM_0244.JPG
    415.7 KB · Views: 367
This is my latest layout, I have re-organised and made more space in my living room. Put 3 more shelves up and re organised the power supplies with the orange cables using IEC plugs all in one. I have bought a new distribution amplifier as the one I have now is giving me trouble. Using SPOTIFY for my music, about 215,000 tracks 21 months worth already. As you can see I am not married, so can do what I like, lucky me. The speakers are all home made All full range planars except 2 Bailey transmission line, 2 Underfloor loaded and 2 I.Bs.

Hi Henry, is clear you have no wife. If the mine watch this pics oh my god.
Enjoy your singlely and your lonely life.:p