• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

Photo Gallery

Disabled Account
Joined 2004
A preamp.

I can't believe I built this one. It looks good. Maybe I'm maturing.

EDIT *Oops, grainy pics. Definitely not mature enough to post decent pictures

Attachments

• image1.jpg
    image1.jpg
    296.8 KB · Views: 1,472
  • Imagen 070.jpg
    Imagen 070.jpg
    241.3 KB · Views: 1,411
  • Imagen 086.jpg
    Imagen 086.jpg
    198.9 KB · Views: 1,385
Last edited:
Disabled Account
Joined 2004
Hi regiregi, here's the inside before the remote control was installed. Yeah, pic sucks but probably better than nothing. Pretty simple as you can see. Circuit has 41 dB PSRR and CLC power supply - no regulator. I have the parts for the Salas regulator but I hate heat inside chassis so I keep postponing it, maybe for my next project - a headphone amplifier.

Attachments

• Imagen 056.jpg
    Imagen 056.jpg
    252.4 KB · Views: 1,084
"Luciano" - 807 power amp

I picked up a couple of ceramic based ATS25/807s at a ham swap meet for $7 each. Recently I was given a pair of 807 which appeared in pristine condition. All tubes tested 85%. A volunteer on a another forum designed an Ultra-linear amp for me based on a 6SN7 driver tube a few years back. Finally the amp is finished.

The power and OPTs are Edcor, bases are Australian spotted gum and made by a local fellow amp builder. Tube bases and top caps ceramic, inter-stage caps Russian military. The top and bottom plates are 2mm Al and the colour "Red Delicious". It has a remote PS with currently 5Y3 rec. tube.

Though the power tubes are well used the rest of the components are new so I need 50 hours plus to burn-in. I have swapped the Sovtek for a Shuguang 50 year treasure. The amp appears to produce voice extremely well but I am still matching preamps and tubes to it.

Attachments

• 807FinishedII_S.jpg
    807FinishedII_S.jpg
    164.9 KB · Views: 1,488
  • 807Finished_S.jpg
    807Finished_S.jpg
    172.7 KB · Views: 1,522
OMG. Let me see....we have brown with red which is OK, but then we have the Edcor 'killer' blue and then everything goes down the toilet. My eyes, my eyes!
Yes you are right too many colours. It's not like me usually I get the colour balance right. In more subdued light the red looks like a reddy-brown and the Edcors darker blue.

Psvane amp

Here ya go guys, a place to share pictures and a brief explanation of your favorite amp or latest project. For discussion or an in-depth writeup, let's post at the Discussion Thread. Hope this will suffice- Who's gonna start things off? (again)

Top valve in China
PSVANE: 300B-T X 2
Shuguang Treasure:6CA7-Z X 2
PSVANE: 12AX7-T X 2
Shuguang:5Z3PA × 2

Attachments

• S300I MK-1.jpg
    S300I MK-1.jpg
    124.4 KB · Views: 692
  • S300I MK-2.jpg
    S300I MK-2.jpg
    65.8 KB · Views: 504
  • S300I MK-3.jpg
    S300I MK-3.jpg
    79 KB · Views: 463
Top valve in China
PSVANE: 300B-T X 2
Shuguang Treasure:6CA7-Z X 2
PSVANE: 12AX7-T X 2
Shuguang:5Z3PA × 2
I have not tried these but are currently using TJ Full Music 300B SE carbon plate limited edition and 6SN7 50 Year treasure. I also have a a pair of Shuguang 300B-Z- very nice but in my Silver Dragon amp the TJs sound the best.