• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

Photo Gallery

@ kodabmx
and me who thought I had at home the worst rat nest in rodent history !!

727080d1546805944-photo-gallery-2019-01-06-14-06-26-jpg

Joined 2008
Paid Member
@ kodabmx
and me who thought I had at home the worst rat nest in rodent history !!

I think it's pretty neat compared to some of my previous builds. But when I cram that much stuff into a chassis I guess i expect somewhat of a mess :)

I once repaired an an early model Fisher FM100 tube tuner, point to point, looking like they sprayed in a quart of molten solder mixed with assorted parts. The theory (as I understand it) was all about randomizing strays. It worked well (was reasonably quiet) but made you laugh the first time you saw it.

Last edited:
latest build - GU-46 single ended

Here is my latest build, GU-46 single ended stereo amplifier.
Power management (start up and shut down) by Siemens Logo 8 aequivalent.
Currently with with a 12hg7 driver installed (might be changed to some other tube later).
4 5C8S rectifier tubes per channel.
Circuit optimization ongoing.
Total weight of iron approx. 90kg, capacitors and electronics approx. 12kg, industrial aluminium profile housing and lexan/plexy approx. 55kg

Attachments

• bild 3.jpg
    bild 3.jpg
    674.3 KB · Views: 914
  • bild 2.jpg
    bild 2.jpg
    652.6 KB · Views: 923
Last edited:
thomasweissbach, I notice that there is a screw post that is not perpendicular to the base -- though this is acceptable to my Canadian standards, someone of your calibre should not have to endure that engineering torture. Please send the amp to me and I will find a good home for it.

Just kidding!

That is an amazing build and what a build process too! However, this makes me wonder, what is your next planned tube amp going to be?

Here is my latest build, GU-46 single ended stereo amplifier.
Power management (start up and shut down) by Siemens Logo 8 aequivalent.
Currently with with a 12hg7 driver installed (might be changed to some other tube later).
4 5C8S rectifier tubes per channel.
Circuit optimization ongoing.
Total weight of iron approx. 90kg, capacitors and electronics approx. 12kg, industrial aluminium profile housing and lexan/plexy approx. 55kg

PLC controled 0.0 this is the next level!

Awesome build! Félicitations c'est très beau!