• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

Photo Gallery

807pp

807 PP, 6SN7 driver and Mullard EF37A pentodes. Love the magic eye!

I am still trying to tweak the voltages, its nearly finished... NO NFB yet but I will try it soon.

Attachments

• 807-1.jpg
    807-1.jpg
    39.6 KB · Views: 15,342
Ahh just back from the bench, fix0r3d up Frankenhouse... changed around some HF dampening type stuff, now it's solid as a block of granite (err, well I forgot to test it with a capacitor, come to think of it). Frequency response something like 5Hz to 40kHz at flea-power, with a slight peak around 10Hz (I wonder why), a small downstep around 3kHz, smooth roll-off above 20 or 30kHz (-3dB @ 40k), and a slight peak amidst the falloff at 380kHz.. heh. Full power of 14W (6 ohm load on the 8-ohm tap) 50Hz-30kHz (uh.. I think.. forgot to test max. power at HF).
Damping factor has got to be good, output dropped all of .05V in response to changing the Rl from 8 to 6 ohms...
Squarewave looks great over the whole band, even looks remotely square at 20kHz. It's a little lumpy, that smooths out with 680pF across the NFB resistor.. but that's so little I didn't solder it in.

Anywho, it looks cheezy but works nice:

Attachments

• frankenhouse1.jpg
    frankenhouse1.jpg
    19.9 KB · Views: 13,546
PP built by Igor

Hi guys!

I see a lot of great amps here. So, mine seems to be modest one. But anyway..

This is my latest amp working now. It is very close to Wiliamson schematic. Ulta Linear, push-pull, 70 Watts. Tubes KT88 for output, 6H6 Driver, 12AX7 for phase splitter and preamp.

All transformers toroidal and self constructed. Toroids is one of mine principal positions. :)

I'm novice here, so don't kick me too much! :xeye:

Igor.

Attachments

• leofoto4.jpg
    leofoto4.jpg
    23.8 KB · Views: 13,983
Bas Horneman said:
Hi Igor...

would love to see your pics..If you can't get them smaller...mail em to me...and I'll adapt them for you..

Cheers,
Bas

Hi Bas,

Thank you. I sent 2 files 24k and 64k separately. May be my proxy server rebell. I'd send it for you, but e-mail here doesn't support file attachments, while your real address hidden. My addr igormak@hotmail.com. I may send you files would you write me smth. Through my hotmail acc I send files without problems.
Thanks for help.

igor.

Here i try attach again..

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    61.8 KB · Views: 13,812
dhaen said:
Hi Igor,

Interesting and nice looking amp :) I can see your attachments OK.

Your comments about toroidal transformers: Do you wind them yourself? Output transformers?

Cheers,

Hi John,

I'm really sorry posting several same pics! I'd send others, but have a some douts in their delivery. Hope, same pics will be deleted.

About transformers: all them (3) are toroidal. Power 16 cm2, output 8cm. Power range on 60watts 20Hz-20kHz without feedback. Anyway, there is slight fb finally approx 8 db.
Amp working already 1.5 years and I happy with it. :)

Thank's Igor