• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

Photo Gallery

jazz The icon on the pushbuttons is reversed

Attachments

• toyota-power-button.jpg
    toyota-power-button.jpg
    55.6 KB · Views: 928
Last edited:
OK, I'll bite. Looks like pencil tubes but they seem a little bigger than the ones I have. What are they and what's the amp?

6Ж32Б-В, 6Ж9Г-В. Stereo microphone preamp. SE transformer outputs, 600 Ohm 0 dB. Pentodes with feedback resistor between anodes.

6Н16Б-В in the microphone itself and in a HPF (Sallen Key)

A stereo condenser vacuum tube microphone, with switchable HPF and an optical compressor - limiter.

Attachments

• IMG_2317.jpg
    IMG_2317.jpg
    760.1 KB · Views: 852
  • IMG_2299.jpg
    IMG_2299.jpg
    454.3 KB · Views: 824
  • IMG_2253.jpg
    IMG_2253.jpg
    495.7 KB · Views: 281
  • IMG_2296.jpg
    IMG_2296.jpg
    552 KB · Views: 777
6Ж32Б-В, 6Ж9Г-В. Stereo microphone preamp. SE transformer outputs, 600 Ohm 0 dB. Pentodes with feedback resistor between anodes.

A stereo condenser vacuum tube microphone, with switchable HPF and an optical compressor - limiter.

Going to test tomorrow...

Attachments

• IMG_2352.jpg
    IMG_2352.jpg
    524.5 KB · Views: 335
Thank you. The body for the prototype I took from Marshall MXL microphones. :rolleyes:

Octava does not produce stereo vacuum tube condenser microphones with 0 dB output. :p

It's Russia: D: D: D. On request they make any, with any characteristics. Even if you want to cover with gold:п. The factory is 100 meters away from me ...
Okt.jpg

But your microphone looks super confident that sounds the same. Excellent work

Interesting project. Thx for posting it. Someday I hope to play with pencil tubes for a guitar pre-amp.

It's Russia: D: D: D. On request they make any, with any characteristics. Even if you want to cover with gold:п. The factory is 100 meters away from me ...
View attachment 595008

But your microphone looks super confident that sounds the same. Excellent work

Yes, they cover membranes by gold. Mine that were made in USA (or may be in China?) are similar, copied from the same Neumann microphones.

Here is the record that I made when tested mine, it is stereo, and sounds as if you are there:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B9xFhM0MABHyb3kzRUJ6QmYwbHM/view?usp=sharing

Last edited:
Top center is the Phono pre? And btw, how do you control tracking force?:D (edit: nice system btw)
yes similar to audio note M10
Mitsubishi LT-5V is designed to work in vertical position :)

Impressive!
Schematics and details of making amplifiers with rs1026, please?

schematics are designed by Noyan Akdulun (he is here on forum too) and he is keeping it in secret,sorry :eek:
details of making? hours and hours and hours working with my hands :cool: