• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

Photo Gallery

Attachments

• SE 807-51.JPG
    SE 807-51.JPG
    51.7 KB · Views: 1,304
Hi,

My dad asked me to build him an amp. He has a medium size living room and 86 db speakers so a bit of power was asked for. I chose the monobill design by triodedick (Triode Dick's Page). I did change it to balanced input and used an extra filter stage before the choke because voltage on the 500uF cap was a bit high for my liking.

Resistors used are mills and prp, caps k24y-9 and JJ. Silver wire on signal wiring and the primary of the outpu trannie.

with only a few hours of running time sound is incredibly detailed, light and fast. it sounds better than anything else i've build so far.

Attachments

• DSC_1047.jpg
    DSC_1047.jpg
    816.1 KB · Views: 826
  • DSC_1078.jpg
    DSC_1078.jpg
    744.6 KB · Views: 799
  • DSC_1083.jpg
    DSC_1083.jpg
    987.6 KB · Views: 757
  • DSC_1100.jpg
    DSC_1100.jpg
    615.1 KB · Views: 758
  • DSC_1105.jpg
    DSC_1105.jpg
    491.5 KB · Views: 729
Hi,

My dad asked me to build him an amp. He has a medium size living room and 86 db speakers so a bit of power was asked for. I chose the monobill design by triodedick (Triode Dick's Page). I did change it to balanced input and used an extra filter stage before the choke because voltage on the 500uF cap was a bit high for my liking.

Resistors used are mills and prp, caps k24y-9 and JJ. Silver wire on signal wiring and the primary of the outpu trannie.

with only a few hours of running time sound is incredibly detailed, light and fast. it sounds better than anything else i've build so far.

Beautiful work! What are the power switches/buttons?