• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

Photo Gallery

One more small amp

2x7.5W, pentode push-pull, class A. 6P15P output tubes.
Power transformer box is ready, painted, still drying...

Attachments

• IMG_1482.jpg
    IMG_1482.jpg
    580.3 KB · Views: 895
2x7.5W, pentode push-pull, class A. 6P15P output tubes.
Power transformer box is ready, painted, still drying...

Hmmmm... aesthetically speaking, the power switch is off the shelf, the knob is far too small (granted, it is the proper finish), and there is no cover for the toroidal transformer.

Since this build is a complete and utter failure, you need to send that... that... monstrosity over to me right now and I will dispose of it in an environmentally friendly manner. And tell you what, since I like you, I will do it all for free.

Please do so via insured overnight courier. And pack it carefully.

Kidding! I can not wait to see the finished side by side.

For PCL86, ECL86, 6GW8 then I recommend Yves design.
Push Pull ECL86/6GW8
This design was the basis for the Baby Huey design. At least one contrubtor here has converted a Rogers Cadet III to this design and reported significantly improved performance.
Cheers,
Ian

Hi Ian, thanks for the response. I've gone through that design, as well as your excellent baby Huey design. However, I found that the mismatch between the 2 triode sections varied too much to get them properly balanced. As the Rogers design is basically a Williamson design, I found it easier to implement.

Hmmmm... aesthetically speaking, the power switch is off the shelf, the knob is far too small (granted, it is the proper finish), and there is no cover for the toroidal transformer.

Since this build is a complete and utter failure, you need to send that... that... monstrosity over to me right now and I will dispose of it in an environmentally friendly manner. And tell you what, since I like you, I will do it all for free.

Please do so via insured overnight courier. And pack it carefully.

Kidding! I can not wait to see the finished side by side.

Here you go... Grab it and feed to the 3-D printer. ;-)

Attachments

• IMG_1485.jpg
    IMG_1485.jpg
    595 KB · Views: 772
  • IMG_1486.jpg
    IMG_1486.jpg
    516.9 KB · Views: 734