• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

Photo Gallery

Preamp with tube regulated power supply, baxandall tone controls and 40Hz 18db/oct tube subwoofer crossover.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

2ch pushpull power amp.
ub+ 500V ~80W/ch

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

Monoblock plays subwoofers.
Parallel push pull, 6x KT88 ub+ 520Vdc

Last edited:
Very nice!

Thanks. Here are a couple more pictures of the preamp. The markings on the fascia are etched with the saline sulfate method. This etch didn't turn out quite perfect, I slightly overetched it, but it's good enough. The etchings on the poweramp turned out better. Still some practice needed to really master the method.

Attachments

• melkein valamis.jpg
    melkein valamis.jpg
    590.2 KB · Views: 1,569
  • sisuskalut.jpg
    sisuskalut.jpg
    954.3 KB · Views: 1,546
Thanks. Here are a couple more pictures of the preamp. The markings on the fascia are etched with the saline sulfate method. This etch didn't turn out quite perfect, I slightly overetched it, but it's good enough. The etchings on the poweramp turned out better. Still some practice needed to really master the method.

Adolf,

I would like teh volume knob to be more modern and minimalistic. The vintage one spoils the excellent design.

Everybody's a critic ;-) I get their criticisms. I don't think though you are trying to fool anyone. It's a modern-day piece using vintage glass; it's your take.

I hope it sounds wonderful!

If You don't hear a difference with fans on or off, use them to make things cooler and last longer.

Cheers!

The end justifies the means. I do not think that there is a strong heat. tube modulator is not a radio station. the picture of retro lamps with low power consumption. and fan and lamp things are not compatible

Who can say anything?
Who can establish styles?
These are our things. I like very much blue valves with fan behind.
You can ask something of your curiosity but not criticized any.

I do not know English. I use a translator .A he roughly translated. I do not critique suggests. . I just expressed my opinion ..u I had a negative experience with the fans.It was heard in acoustics. in this forum, you can express your opinion ?. and to take it or not is a personal matter. because you have democracy?I liked the design. I wrote about this in the message №6708. good luck

Last edited:
My UL SE EL84

My UL SE EL84 FUNKWERK Germany and pre E80CC TUNGSRAM, built in San Diego. OTs and PT are from EDCOR USA. Outpower is about 2 x 4 W for 8 ohm. /Sorry for turned and bad photos from my cellphone.....I can't manage with it and my tablet/. Amp can be for sale...for about part's price...if someone interest.

Attachments

• 0713151626-01.jpg
    0713151626-01.jpg
    312.3 KB · Views: 1,285
  • 0713151625-01.jpg
    0713151625-01.jpg
    348.3 KB · Views: 1,261