• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

Photo Gallery

Quote; Rwellerson

Would you have a circuit?
The 6bl7 is a wonderful tube!!
Phil

Indeed it is a wonderful tube even if a little known in this audiophile world.

The circuit is pretty well known and common: a simple phase splitter but with a careful tube biasing in order to work well in support to the power tubes.
I have the schematic elsewhere, old paper work: have to find and scan it.

[ ]
R.

Friends,

Some time ago I showed in these pages pictures of one of my projects and I would like to present them (maybe some are repeated here so pardon me if indeed they are)

This one is a power amp, class AB, ultralinear, 70WRMS/ch, 6FQ7 input driver, 6BL7 phase inverter and KT88 power tubes, individually negative bias adj for each one.
Individual power supplies for each stage with chokes for power tubes HT and for the input tubes.
Variable NFB, AC power in 3 stages at turn on/off and HT/standby toggle switch on the front panel.

Aluminum chassis, side panels in paubrasil wood.
All trafos custom made for the project.
[ ]s
Ricardo

Another work of art, beautiful, shame to put a lid on it.

Good to see your alive, did you ever finish those amps?
Yes and no ,a few changes another LC filter added .I sold my speaker project and started another one . So I need to change the OPT's in the R1 amps so they can be used as a fullrange amp .Either I'll sell them or use them to power the BMS 4550 CD's .
New active speaker project Pauls PSE-144 ,the pick is the first proto type Pauls lent me,mine will be black

Anyway how have you been ,no further projects ,haven't seen you post on SNA lately .

Cheers

Mal

Attachments

• PSE 001.jpg
    PSE 001.jpg
    512.5 KB · Views: 377
Last edited:
Yes and no ,a few changes another LC filter added .I sold my speaker project and started another one . So I need to change the OPT's in the R1 amps so they can be used as a fullrange amp .Either I'll sell them or use them to power the BMS 4550 CD's .
New active speaker project Pauls PSE-144 ,the pick is the first proto type Pauls lent me,mine will be black

Anyway how have you been ,no further projects ,haven't seen you post on SNA lately .

Cheers

Mal

I lost the energy to post on SNA.
Iv'e 95% completed my projects (they never get to 100%) and talked my sister into letting me spend her money :). I'm building her a set of 2 way's, active crossover, amp and speaker stands to go with her Sonos player, as usual it's taking forever. I'm also trying to tidy up some loose ends.

I'm really happy with my system & can't imagine changing it much, the next project will probably be a CNC router or laser. Although the posts in this thread give me itchy feet.

rwellerson's posts made me think of you and there you are

Last edited:
My Little Headphone Amp. It's using the 5842 tube and a 6CA7 rectifier, Power Supply is well filtered with 3 chokes and seperated after the first cap-choke into 2 paths one of each channel. The outputs are 5k to 32 ohm.

attachment.php

Attachments

• Mark02131HeadphoneAmp.jpg
    Mark02131HeadphoneAmp.jpg
    109.7 KB · Views: 2,355
Last edited:
My Little Headphone Amp. It's using the 5842 tube and a 6CA7 rectifier, Power Supply is well filtered with 3 chokes and seperated after the first cap-choke into 2 paths one of each channel. The outputs are 5k to 32 ohm.

attachment.php

Beautiful work, the rectifier could be 6CA4 or (European EZ81), the suffix 4 indicates four electrodes inside. This is a double rectifier for that reason has this number. 6CA7 is american equivalent to EL34.