• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

Photo Gallery

Phono pre 12AX7 / E88CC - inside

The inside view of phono pre (top)

Attachments

• pre-inside.jpg
    pre-inside.jpg
    84.1 KB · Views: 4,012
Phono pre 12AX7 / E88CC - sound

Did not have much time (finished at 2 a.m.) and LPs to listen to, but in comparison to my Aurex preamp with phono stage:
- it is more lively
- the sound is not dimmed (my wife's remark)
- there are more details to be heard.
- bass is better controlled, good dynamics
- highs are good enough
- my wife likes the new one better !
Overall: it is good. Well designed GND is a must. I did matching of all components.

I will do some more comparisons and checks (Thu) at my friend's. I will let you know.

Best regards
Yag

My diytube st-35

Hi Guys,

This amp sounds excellent, it's dead quiet, no hum, no buzz, no pops just beautiful music. Nora Jones never sounded so good!:D I would highly recommend this project to all. Here's some of the details, the PCB is available from Shannon Parks at diytube.com it is a redesign of the Dynaco ST-35. The power trannie is a Dynaco pa774 and the outputs are Dynaco z565's all with cloth leads from a 1968 Dynaco SCA-35 doner. This is the same amp as the ST-35 with the addition of a preamp section. I bead blasted the trannie end bells and repainted them. I added the rca 5u4g rectifier tube and choke in place of the solid state rectifer on the board. The power tubes are JJ el84's. The PCB has adjustable pots to bias the tubes and negative feedback. The mono volume controls are goldpoint mini-h stepped attenuators with antique bakelite knobs. The top and dashboard are polished copper laminated with aluminum crafted by myself. The case is solid walnut "box-jointed" in the corners also crafted by myself. There is a great forum at diytube.com on building these amps, check it out!