• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

Photo Gallery

Hi,
Here is my Velleman K4040 kit ready for final bias adjustment. :)
It took me a weekend or about 15 hours to put her together. Easy kit to build with nice finish in black and chrome.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

I’ve got the work log here http://www.veiset.net/k4040/k4040wl01.html (in Norwegian only, but the pictures tells the story)

The new look of my KT88 SE amp

¿Remember the amp I did in a chassis made with recycled parts taken from the bin?: link here

Now I have mounted it in a standard 1U rack box.

The KT88 is runing in triode mode. I love the sound! :)

Attachments

• image1.jpg
    image1.jpg
    81.1 KB · Views: 4,497
Upupa Epops said:
Guys, have you children ? Do you know, that exist in safety norms something, which is called as " hammer test" ? Do you think, that tube have temperature lower than 60 ° C, which norms prescribe for finger touchable parts ?

you're right. it's funny, but we have to foresee it, leave out any trobles. my tube ampl has +75 C. it's realy dangerous

Sweet!:up: :up:

What is it with you Canadians and moving parts... ;)

I met a Canadian DIYer from Quebec? (I forget) a couple of years ago at one of those audio shows in NYC. He brought down his turntable he had made to use as a source for one of the rooms. The turntable was machined in aluminum with carbon fiber throughout; plith, platter, arm... The turntable was isolated by some form of liquid damping at the four corners.

It was the most beautiful turntable I had ever seen. And unique...the only one made.

Although form must follow function; no DIYer should be afraid of making something too beautiful. :angel:

Hi Everynone! My first post at this interesting forum.

I could start with following suit - showing off some of the hardware I have build:

First a pre-amp using ECC82

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

Power supply is in a separate box

Next out is a OTL headphone amp based on 6SN7

Power supply uses tube rectifier and electronic regulation.

Finally, an OTL for headphones using 6AS7 + E88CC

More will come - current plan is an SE with 807's...