• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

Photo Gallery

Chassis available from Maplin - part number XB68Y. They are very cheap at £5 each and made from aluminium so much easier to drill and cut than steel, although you have to be careful to avoid bending and distortion when making larger holes for valve bases and transformers (I use hole saw or disc punch)

New 300B Mono Blocks

My good friend Tony Wong built this 300B Monoblocks for me

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

Output trannies are Tango XE-60-3.5S, power transformers and choke are custom wound, PS supply caps are Ansars but encased in the Shiny SS container. Other Caps include skinned Blackgate and Auric caps

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

Still running in and sounds quite good using High efficiency speakers.

my single-ended stereo amp

Here's my contribution:

1/2 6sn7 RC 6V6GT (triode) LC 2A3/300B/300BLXS

The above is the amp chassis.

Below is the power supply chassis.

The chassis is all DIY. The power supply is separated between input/driver stage and the output stage. The output stage is convertible, meaning I can switch B+ from ~260V - ~350V - ~400V. Both supplies are CLCLC with GZ37 (input/driver) GZ34 (output)/Hexfreds hybrid rectification. DC filaments. Individual C- supplies for both driver and output tubes.

Iron is Tribute (Amorphous C-Cores), Electraprint, Bartolucci, S&B and Lundahl. No electrolytics in the B+ supplies. Silver for signal wire.

>2 years hard work = Sweet music :D

My next project will be a 56 (mu-stage with D3a on top) - 71A headphone amp. Still doing research on mu-stages and SLA battery supplies. :spin: