• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

Photo Gallery

Hoffmeyer said:
Some day I'll have to take the time to find out how to attach more pictures to one post :smash:

Hoffmeyer,

I don't think it will let you add more than one if you use the ATTACH FILE option. But if you have pics on a website already and use the IMG button at the top, you can add as many links to pics on your own website as you want. Which is what I did. Hope that helps.

Hashimotos

Here's my amp that I mentioned before with its brand new Hashimoto outputs! Initial indications suggest a mind blowing improvement in clarity and transparency! More evaluations to follow!

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

ampin.jpg

Bluto said:
Rodango -

That Amp is near a Masterpiece. It terrifies me to see it sitting where you have it... one good bump by someone not looking or a little kid running by.

Bluto

I have been thinking the same thing and what isn't seen is how precariously perched it is on those pieces of oak. I need to get it its own (strong) table. At about 100#, it wouldn't do the floor much good either. No kids around (whew..)

I'd put it on top of the cabinet to its left but then it gets in the way of the video projection for my home theater. Plus the cabinet makes these large cracking sounds when I put it up there.

That cocobolo looks great! And as I said before, I have four other tube amps and this one is the absolute best and the best I have ever heard.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

Excuse the awful camera phone photo (my colleage borrowed my 17-50 f2.8!!) but this is almost at mount-everything stage!

That grey stuff will peel off to reveal (hopefully!!!!) brushed alu.
Wood has to be sanded and stained too.

I'll upload the few from my SLR when I'm done the whole thing, including my odd method of cooling the first filter resistor :)