Go Back   Home > Forums > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Tubes / Valves All about our sweet vacuum tubes :) Threads about Musical Instrument Amps of all kinds should be in the Instruments & Amps forum

comments on www.shinrock.com???
comments on www.shinrock.com??? Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 8th January 2006, 01:18 PM   #1
wuffer is offline wuffer  Denmark
diyAudio Member

Default comments on www.shinrock.com???

im thinking of buying 2 mains transformer for my tube project at http://www.shinrock.com but are there anyone who now this company???

im going to pay 78 euro for 2 transformers incl shipmant and package for 1 sec high voltage and 2 sec heater voltage

but i dont now this company so im not sure
Old 13th January 2006, 05:56 PM   #2
kevinkr is offline kevinkr  United States
diyAudio Moderator

I've heard of them, but have never dealt with them, that said their site seems disorganized. By reputation (hearsay only) their transformers are supposed to be fairly good. Caveat emptor, etc..

I recommend you take a look at Sowter in the UK, they have an excellent reputation and I have had some first hand experience with their product and can recommend it. I expect it is probably more expensive.

Kevin
Old 13th January 2006, 10:26 PM   #3
zix is offline zix  Sweden
diyAudio Member

I have ordered power transformers from Shinrock. Did it because I wanted custom wound transformers for a tube power amp. It is a small (one man?) company, so their order stock might be full, or they might be on vacation when you order. In this case it might take some time before you get your transformers. I started communicating with Shinrock in june/july, they were nice and polite and could deliver to my specifications.
Once the order was ready, I waited about two months before the transformers came (in november). This was in 2004.
They look professional, just as good as Sowters, but alas, they still sit on the shelf . Partly because I never received any data on them. Unmarked cables, coming out of 4 holes, in a power transformer with three secondaries - too hard for me to figure out. I haven't even managed to find which is the primary "outlet hole". In the end I got tired of sending all those "come on, send me a legend" emails, and nothing has happened since. Sad, really.
So, if you order, be sure to make him/them mark up your cables.
Old 20th February 2006, 05:45 PM   #4
wuffer is offline wuffer  Denmark
diyAudio Member

well i took the chance and order 2 transformers at shinrock..
and i have recived the transformers and they look very nice..

i got it as i wanted and voltage is perfect as far that i can measure...
and there was a drawing with all the voltage on so even i could find out of it

next time im building a tube amp i will order transformes at shinrock..

i think they are cheap.. the owner is nice to talk with and no problems so to shinrock
Old 20th February 2006, 10:09 PM   #5
zix is offline zix  Sweden
diyAudio Member

He recently helped me out with clues on how to find out which wires are which. The papers were somehow lost in transit, and since this was a one off transformer pair, it is not strange. I have been too overloaded on the job to check it out, but I am sure it will work out when I follow his directions. Have forgot to thank him for this by email, so, officially: thanks Ingo!

comments on www.shinrock.com???Hide this!Advertise here!