• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

Pspice preamp simulation

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Ex-Moderator
Joined 2004
You can get incorrect results if you don't run the simulation for long enough to allow capacitors to charge up. When I model a power amp with PS, I allow the simulation to run for 12 seconds, with a delay on the IP signal of 11.95 sec. to avoid excessive run time.

Antonix said:
I have make the preamp circuit by Norman Koren in Pspice Orcad 10.3
http://www.normankoren.com/Audio/Tubemodspice_article.html

When I run Transient analisis 1KHZ with 1V AC signal for VLINE IN at V LINE OUT I have only 1,5uV .

The circuit is OK, I have checked 1000 times, the alimentation and ground is ok.

Where do I wrong ?

Just do not use an option "use initial conditions" or do as ray_moth proposed.

I have just run the circuit in question in LTSpice without any problems, 1 volt in gives me 4.8 volts out at 1KHz.

What ray_moth said about charging capacitors is true, but in this particular circuit the capacitances are too small to be a problem, you can start your simulation at time zero.

One thing to check is that you have 3.3MEG and 1.2MEG for R4F and R4G. Spice treats 3.3M as the same as 3.3m, ie milliohms. When I run the circuit that way I get 120mV out. Still way more than 1.5uV, but it is something to check.

Also double check the pot formulas. They look unnecessarily complicated to me and a possible source of error. I do not use the same pot model, so I cannot much more. You may want to temporarily replace the pots with pairs of fixed resistors just to eliminate them as a source of error.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.