• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

Your thoughts please

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Dice, it doesn't sound unreal to me to be thinking product down the road.

I think that the business model for the high end audio and the dealer system is overdue for change. Whoever comes up with workable and marketable solutions stands to profit from those changes - in my musings there will be opportunity to those who learn how to market over the internet - on the other hand the industry doesn't seem to be thriving at the moment - many demographic and marketing factors play into this - subject for a different thread or e-mail:)

Frank - thanks for the links, and as always, pertinent info.

Probably to a large extent my choice will be dependent on how easy someone has made the export situation - but I do believe I will hang in there for the 8K impedance.

Thanks
:D

Ken L

Ken L said:
Probably to a large extent my choice will be dependent on how easy someone has made the export situation - but I do believe I will hang in there for the 8K impedance.
Try <a href="http://www.users.bigpond.com/triode/">Lancroft</a>. Custom wound, C core, good local reputation, for a PP45 size, maybe $US110-120 ea (top of head exchange rates) and airmail from Oz to the US is very reasonable (stinks the other way). His name's Bob.
Good site too.

The closest Lundahl do in an 8K is the LL1679 (9k7)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.