• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

ASC Polypropylene And Oil Capacitors

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Nice tag. I used a couple of these (100 uf - vertical mount) in my last power supply and they work just fine. I don't see why you could not mount them any way you please. GE used to make horizontal mounting clamps, but I've had trouble finding a source for them. I'd like to mount a pair under the deck on my current "work in progress" preamp, but may have to go the vertical route for lack of suitable clamps. Bill.

The ASC caps can be mounted in either configuration, and the clamps can be had from Mouser and I think digikey. If they don't have the specific size you need, ASC would probably send you some.

I've had GREAT luck with the ASC oilers. They are wonderful sounding, and MUCH MUCH better than electrolytic, IMHO.

The folks at ASC are also VERY helpful, should you need something custom designed...

Hope that helps.

Bryan

dr._sleep,

Louisiana! And you're still here??!!! Good on ya!!! Hope you didn't suffer too much damage.

Bill*B,

Just a wee bit south of you in Ruskin. Hope we still have Internet service (and houses) next Tuesday! :bigeyes:

Good info on the ASCs. Will definitely keep them in mind for the power supply of my Aikido preamp.

Ken

Bill*B said:
... GE used to make horizontal mounting clamps, but I've had trouble finding a source for them. I'd like to mount a pair under the deck on my current "work in progress" preamp, but may have to go the vertical route for lack of suitable clamps. Bill.

For horizontal mounting you can use pipe clamps (not hose clamps); the kind that have a flat side with a hole for screwing them to a wall to hold a water or drain pipe. They can be had in various sizes up to about 3". Most home stores carry them.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.