• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

Sansui 1000A OPT's

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I have searched the Forum and Googled the web and cannot seem to find a definitive answer to what the primary impedence of these transformers is. 3.2K and 6.6K are the values I get; does anyone know for certain the actual figure?

Also, does anyone know the operating point, B+, and screen voltage used by Sansui?

The true figures will determine how I use these - if it's 3.2K I,ll run 7695's in an experimental transconductance amp, if 6.6k I'll just do it like Sansui but with 7868's.

Thanks,
John

That amp used a pair of 7591A valves on the OPT... Basically those are 6L6GC valves that came off the production line with extra testosterone then sorted.....
The Plate was at 470 V @idle... 450V full tilt...
The screen was at 420 V... 400V fulltilt...
The Bias was at - 19 V ....
I did the number crunching with the curve sheets..... 6.6K is correct plate-to-plate load....3.2K would not even come close to working properly.... The power output was about 50 Watts...
I checked data sheets...they also confirm 6.6K as a optimum load and ratted to get 45Watts...
You could always measure the OPT to be sure..... just apply 120V mains across the primary then measure the secondary voltage at say 8 ohm tap...
The voltage ratio squared times 8 will be the plate load....

Chris

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.