• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

Interesting Read On 300B's

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I did a little digging today on 300B's,
After reading the TIMELINE at this site,I was left with the impression that Richardson Electronics( 2 miles from my home) owns the old western electric tube machines as well as others?

Lots of neat info at this site on cetrons, If all else a fun read
Gene:D

Sherman said:
Hey I wasn't paying attention before but I just realized they are not far from me. I wonder if they give tours (and hand out a couple free samples at the end like at a wine-tasting)? ;)

Richardsons on Keslinger Rd In Elburn, Our new home's back yard backs up to keslinger Rd, They are 2-3 miles up the street.

Pondering calling them about a tube production tour, Maybe we can get a group together if they say yes :scratch2: H3ll,, Id pop for a bottle of wine lol
Gene

Trout said:

Richardsons on Keslinger Rd In Elburn,...

Pondering calling them about a tube production tour, Maybe we can get a group together if they say yes :scratch2: H3ll,, Id pop for a bottle of wine lol
Gene

Count me in on a tour! I bet my son would be interested as well. I'm in the Wheaton area so Elburn is pretty close.

That area is really booming now. I remember when Elburn pretty much consisted of a few houses, a cemetery and an old time gas station called "Burt's Corner".

Sherman said:

Count me in on a tour! I bet my son would be interested as well. I'm in the Wheaton area so Elburn is pretty close.

That area is really booming now. I remember when Elburn pretty much consisted of a few houses, a cemetery and an old time gas station called "Burt's Corner".

haha,, I remember that also,
In fact,, being 50 this summer, and having lived in the carpentersville/algonquin area, Im suffering from asphalt poisining just watching the area being paved.

We got lucky buying in Elburn,, We got in just before the new metra link to chicago, Our homes new, and its value jumped over 50,000 in just over a year!!
Downtown Elburn is still Tiny with a capital "T" and the cops are still good ole boyzzz,, Speeding tickets are the #1 source of income I think LOL

I'll keep ya posted on what Richardson says about a tour, I'll it would be really nice, they seem pretty dedicated to the survival of Valves!
Gene

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.