• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

yaqin mc10k

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hehe, you're right, but i can't afford the T1610 (kronzilla :) at this moment. I think that these amp's are a flop. i'll let you know. :) But better safe than sorry i think. If he can't send me a amplifier with RoHS compliant label,i don't want then such amp. and indeed, 10v primary does'nt much,but secondary, the high voltage and filament voltages are oncontrollable increasing, so i don't think that's good...

Pff i'm gonna citate what he sended me:
yes,ensure on problem,in fact,we usual name 220V in here,but it would accept up to 250V rates.

Best regard
Richton Audio
I replyed with: i know that Cattylink remarked this amp's alot, and its not the fact if the power transformer can get 230-240V without been destroyed, but if he's been designed for 230-240v, because Cattylink has Chinese and European versions. That's my point. I know i'm not such an easy person :D
But better safe than sorry after all.
Maybe crue but if he don't have this amp with a transformer with a real correct voltage,i think that he can go into the threes with it :devilr:

Joined 2002
Paid Member
I have been looking at this (and other) amp too...
and think it must be a good deal for a DIY-project, even if you have to substitute a handfull of parts, and do a lot of rewiring...
At least you get a lot of iron, sockets and chassi....
How good the output trafos are...?
Good enough for a starter, I guess by the reviews.

Arne K

Mjeah, but modding such amplifier is somethimes expensive
like i did couple years ago, i buyed a 6L6GC SE stereo amp
and i modded then to 6B4G (= 2A3 witch 6.3filament and octal socket),ended with one burned opt, so buyed two Lowe transformers used, and other stuff, lays down for about 3 years, and after all it costs me more than i build one myself.. because i allways want to mod,first better diodes, and capacitors... and so go on... expensive if you see what you first buyed, and after all you end with only the chassis and all other parts are modded :D Don't think that tis is than such a good amplifier because i'm not so easy happy with things...

I don't know wich one is but the tube have the VOSKHOD logo on it.l
I don't know why but after some hours the amp make a little hum on the right channel. I change it for the original chinese 6n1 and after that, no hum. On the next day I will check if the problem is the
tube on the right channel. I will change the right for the left. I hope the hum will play on the left channel...In this case, the problem will be the tube.

But before the hum, I had more bass and more dynamics.

Administrator
Joined 2004
Paid Member
Just get a few more of those Voskhod made 6N1P, it's not unusual to get a bad tube or two in a batch, and if you buy just two and one of them just happens to be defective you are up the creek without the proverbial paddle. I always buy a few more than I think I will need for this reason.

Yes bass are a little muddy with the original ones, what can you say about high frequencies? are better with the new ones?( have you tried to swap them? hum problem it's a common problem of many tubes for the microphonicity of the tube)
I'd like to change the also the original EL34 with sed winged C, but i dunno how to set the bias. Someone told me that it's not necessary because it's autobias, but i don't think so. Have You found a solution?

I use it with Monitor Audio Silver RS6 and for jazz and blues is fantastic, less fantastic for classic and lyrical (scene is not so 3d and wide and highes of female voices are not so sweet).If i could fix this 2 things , changhing original tubes i'll be very happy. I'll need someone that can guide my hand step by step to check and regulate the bias of this ampli.:)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.