• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

HI & a few words/questions ...

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
HI & a few words/questions ...

i just found this great site, so Hello to everyone!

i am from germany and mostly a electronic musican. I do some kind of experimantal music. I am not a guitarplayer or play any other instruments. All i can do is making noise ;) I do music about 14years now and i have a couple of synth and other studiogear of course..

well i am in the tube-area here, so i would like to talk about tube gear a bit. I am not a technical guy, but i have some ideas and i am searching my "personal" tube amp. It should be perfect for "sigalprocessing" on Linelevels. I don´t really need a good micpre...

there are tons of tubeamps outthere, and many companies just make a lot of money with just the hype. Well i also bought me a couple of tubedriven gear: cheapass: studioelectronics vtb1, behringer ultrafex( :apathic:) and a bit better one that a guy called reussenzehn build up for me... i like the reussenzehn the most, because it have lot of power

to ask a question:
what do you guys think in generall about all those companies? Do they just make money with it? are there any affortable tubepre´s in a good pricerange -say about 500€? any suggestions?

it would be great to find someone who can build me one for my personal needs. I had an idea about a circuit, which i never saw on any device. It allows to hear just the "tubecolour", without the orginal sound. Thats what i want :)

okay...enough for now... hope someone will reply

:D

what do you mean exactly?
i am not in diy, so this is maybe more complicated. It would be just nice to talk about it (see above). I am interested in this whole thing, and curious if those selfmade tubeamps could be something for me. Maybe i found someone who builds one for me. As is said it would be great to have a more experimental device - something to colour the sound - i would like to use it like a effect - not only to listen to it... i need something for my studio .... maybe this is not the right place for me ..hehe .. dunno :D

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.