• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

Vitamin Q VS Jensen

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hey guys,

which one do you prefer between Vitamin Q and Jensen?

Some people claim that most of recently manufactured caps like Jensen are rubbish, compared to those good'ol mil spec. caps like Vitamin Q, which are extremly rugged and almost everlasting...

But some people claim that Vitamin Q is the "trash", compared to Jensen, because they are far too old and have a narrow frequency response, compared to Jensen...:confused:

In my eyes, Vitamin Q looks really rugged...

What do you guys think?

And are those "motor run oil caps" suitable for signal pass application as well?
Or are they only suitable for PS application?

I know that this should be posted on Components Forum but as you guys know, oil caps are mostly prefered for tube circuits...:rolleyes:

Thanks,
JayJay

diyAudio Senior Member
Joined 2002
Hi,

But some people claim that Vitamin Q is the "trash", compared to Jensen, because they are far too old and have a narrow frequency response, compared to Jensen...

While I wouldn't call Vitamin Q trash at all, the Jensen are certainly among the top ten of best sounding caps.

Older PIO caps tend to sound great in the midband but seem to loose out on the frequency extremes making them sound hopelessly "romantic"....
Rugged they certainly are though.

And are those "motor run oil caps" suitable for signal pass application as well?

Sure are.

Cheers,;)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.