• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

Reisong A10

Hi all
Just picked up a Reisong A10 stereo from amazon. Just getting it going and was having an issue,not sure if its me,the speakers,the A10 or all of the above. It sounds flat to me on the vocals, just sound like it needs more treble or something. I am using it with Polk floor speakers with 90db sensitivity.

I ordered some klipsch bookshelf speakers that will be here tomorrow just to rule out a speaker issue.

The music sounds good, its just like the vocals arent there,fuzzy or flat sounding and just not clear.

I didnt have it heated up for 30 mins before use,but i did use it for 20 mins and it didnt seem to stop. I played several vinyl LPs I listened to with the cheap 80 dollar tube amp i got from amazon a few months ago which has bass and treble adjustments and it sounds so much better on the cheap one even with the polk floor speakers.

Any ideas or opinions?

I dont like this amp. I fixed 5-6 month ago the same. One tube was burned, after some months of work. The current of every EL34 was 40 ma, that is far for good sounding. I tried to increase it in both channels, but power transformer started to heat /Big transformer, but doesnt provide 120-130 ma, for realy good mode for good sounding/......Cheep amp with cheep sound.....If I have it, I will change power transformer and tubes, I dont like 6N2. Instead it - 6N1P Russian.

Last edited:
Joined 2004
Paid Member
As I wrote earlier in the #2 linked topic, the weakest point is the OPT, which is too small, and not 5k (rather 3k5).

It has ugly resonance at about 40-45k, even driving with lower impedance.
With the original layout the lower -3dB point at about 30Hz, at 4W output (with enormous distortion).

Try to search small footprint adequate OPT instead of this.

The best part is the case (because this I bought cheap second hand one for rebuild), the other ones are garbage .. perhaps an exception to this the power transformer.

If you want to build the simple, low power "bedroom amp", this case is pretty enough.

As I wrote earlier in the #2 linked topic, the weakest point is the OPT, which is too small, and not 5k (rather 3k5).

It has ugly resonance at about 40-45k, even driving with lower impedance.
With the original layout the lower -3dB point at about 30Hz, at 4W output (with enormous distortion).

Try to search small footprint adequate OPT instead of this.
Is that the original open frame OPT or the latter, potted version?

For the €300 price you get a decent value valve amp. Mine is working fine for a year now, with all original parts / valves. No complaints about reproduction for a SEP design, though revision of the circuit (all transformers) could bring more on the table at a cost of course.