Go Back   Home > Forums > >

Tubes / Valves All about our sweet vacuum tubes :) Threads about Musical Instrument Amps of all kinds should be in the Instruments & Amps forum

Recommended PCB software
Recommended PCB software
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old Yesterday, 01:29 AM   #111
rayma is online now rayma  United States
diyAudio Member

Some pcb fabs try to make their shipping charges into a profit center (cough) Advanced Circuits (cough).
Old Yesterday, 04:43 AM   #112
gerardv is offline gerardv  Australia
diyAudio Moderator

Recommended PCB software
It may be true that some are monetizing their shipping. But having investigated shipping recently for the an online store I can tell you that it is complex and costly. A shipper with a good deal for one area might have a worse deal for somewhere else. But if you split your contracts across two shippers then your systems costs double and the lower volumes mean you get a worse deal from both. It’s a mares nest from go to whoa. So in many cases where shipping seems weirdly priced that just because it is.
Old Yesterday, 07:31 AM   #113
jan.didden is offline jan.didden  Europe
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tubelab_com View Post
It may not be the PCB software itself, it may be W10.

Myself and countless others have noticed several issues with W10, all started with the February 2021 update. Googling reveals that several users have been seeing mouse, and / or keyboard freezes. .
It may also be the mouse. I recently bought a Logitech USB mouse that was supposed to work on a glass worktop. It does, very good, but it occasionally (rather often) freezes and I have to move-and-click to unfreeze it.
The previous mouses on this machine, a wired one and one with an RF dongle, never had that problem. W10.

Jan
Old Yesterday, 01:24 PM   #114
Tubelab_com is offline Tubelab_com  United States
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rayma View Post
Some pcb fabs try to make their shipping charges into a profit center (cough) Advanced Circuits (cough).
The early Tubelab boards (2005 - 2007) were made by Advanced Circuits. They "upgraded" their fab to do sequentially laminated and HDI boards and my large (40 sq inch) tube amp boards would not fit on their new process. My board now needed to go through the "special process line" (probably the same old line) at an additional charge. For nearly $20 per board in lots of 50, no thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jan.didden View Post
It may also be the mouse. I recently bought a Logitech USB mouse that was supposed to work on a glass worktop. It does, very good, but it occasionally (rather often) freezes and I have to move-and-click to unfreeze it. The previous mouses on this machine, a wired one and one with an RF dongle, never had that problem. W10. Jan
I tried 4 different mice and one IS a Logitech. Another is an old PS2 mouse with the mini DIN plug. All did the same thing. Unfortunately it took the death of one mouse for me to figure out that it wasn't the mouse. After hitting a concrete wall at high speed it literally became a cat's toy and is still hanging just above ground level from a tree in the yard. When the wind blows the cat will smack it around. Obviously this mouse has a decent cable!
Old Yesterday, 01:39 PM   #115
jan.didden is offline jan.didden  Europe
diyAudio Member

BTW Any of you guys already on W11? Experiences with the CAD apps?

Jan
  Reply to this post

Recommended PCB softwareHide this!Advertise here!