• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

Bat vk51se

Hi, Jensen is good capacitors, but not the best (very good for they price).
For mid price you can put Miflex KPCU (but is big, you must check for dimension)
For very good sound I say to use Jupiter Copper foil paper & wax (very musical)
For best you can use Duelund Tinned copper or silver from CAST series (but is EXPENSIVE) and big enough..... anyway Duelund CAST have other sound then all other, is another world of capacitors, hard to explain .....you must listen :), but like I see in pictures with vk 51se no space enough for them.
I think the best choice for you is Jupiter but will be a expensive upgrade 2x6 cap at 130e ...around 1500e.....
P.S. my suggestion is to try to test at one channel with dif cap(you need just 2 cap of 1uf or smaller to realize sound even with little less bass) and choose what you like.
In this way no risk to send more money for unwanted sound.
I do the same with many capacitor and for this reason I write to you all of this (of course this is MY choice after a lot of tests, for this reason I say to test yourself).

i am agreement with '45'.

It is quite unlikely that the output capacitors are affecting the residual audio leaking through when volume = 0, or when mute is engaged. Though it is persistently faddish to 'blame the capacitors for most every problem', in reality they only rarely are an issue.

I respect myrAudio's advice, yet I persist in knowing a fair amount more about your actual setup before proclaiming this, that or the other capacitor might actually 'fix' your problem.

So... what amplifier {brand, model, vintage}, how far from preamp to amp, what kind of cabling, a more exact description of the sound leaking through with {a} the volume turned down, and {b} with the MUTE button engaged (if different).

Just saying...
GoatGuy

Yes, of course, if your setup can work with high impedance can be used smaller caps.
For example when I make test of capacitors I use only 0,1uf because I buy one from each and some of them can be very expensive ( Duelund, Jupiter, V-cap...), but this cap for tests was used between two stage with tubes and impedance was high enough.
There is 6uf because is balanced 2x3uf, so each output have 3uf....is normal value for low imp output tube, but with one power amp with tube input (or high imp on input can work with 1uf very well).....yes 2x1uf because is balanced :)....for this reason I suggest test before...

Hi, I'm still testing it and the fault it has is when you press the mute you can still hear a channel and when you lower the volume completely you hear a click in the speakers and when you press the selector it also does not have silent background noise. I want to be sure before investing a lot of money.
Greetings