• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

Standby circuit for tube amp

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
If you want the straight dope you need to go to the academic journals. The memory of one old 'tube designer from the Philips company' is no match for hundreds of Philips own Technical Review papers, produced over half a century, which explain all this stuff in microscopic detail, and did not feel the need to recommend standby switches for receiving tubes.

hundreds of technical review papers ?

Show me ...... !!!!

AX tech editor
Joined 2002
Paid Member

That's not really fair Merlin. Most of us know these journals existed. You made specific references that these contain articles on the subject of this thread.
Are you aware of specific articles on this, and can you reference them? Otherwise is it a rather empty statement.

Jan

That's not really fair Merlin. Most of us know these journals existed. You made specific references that these contain articles on the subject of this thread.
Are you aware of specific articles on this, and can you reference them? Otherwise is it a rather empty statement.
When it comes to Mooreamps it's best not to feed the troll. I've spent 20 years doing the leg work, I'm not spoon feeding him now.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.